As Blood Sets the Table

Chyna and Cap went to find Ellison and Cotton who were no longer at the tug-o-war

Chyna and Cap went to find Ellison and Cotton who were no longer at the tug-o-war. While resting for a while in front of Johnse's whiskey waggon, Chyna spotted a young girl eying Cap carefully. Chyna held her head and stance lower but looked up at Cap who had stopped mid sentence to look at her confused "-what are you standing like that for?" He asked turning to look over his shoulder. He didn't notice anything strange and turned back to face Chyna.

"Oh don't be so daft, that pretty young thing o'er there is a looking at you Cap." Chyna said. Cap glanced back again at the long limbed, chestnut haired girl. She what big green eyes with full endless eyelashes and her face was dotted with freckles everywhere. "Thats just Bellmarry Rutherfurd" Cap said looking back at Chyna. "You should go over an' say hello" Chyna said as the girl looked away to talk to a man somewhat older talking to her.

"She's a whore working up at the whore house..." Cap said casually "not that i been there yet- well least not for that, I was have a drink or to with uncle Jim an-" Cap spoke quickly as if trying to clear up a misunderstanding. When he realized this his words stopped and he wanted to smack himself.

"What would Chyna care anyhow what yous was doin' at the whore house for" he thought to himself. His eyes which had wandered away landed back on Chyna who gave a small somewhat strained smile.

"Aint no girls insterested in me anyway" Cap added. "Its Johnse they all want" though he said this he wasn't bothered by it, not any more.

"I though as much that'd you think that" Chyna said still holding that strained smile. She reached up and took off his hat. "What are you doin' ?" Cap asked when her fingers grazed his hair in the process. Trying to cover up the soft tingle it sent down his spine. Chyna ignored his question and handed him his hat before carefully fluffing out his hair with her fingers. Sliding them between his pale golden strands, she shook out his hair, ruffling it.

Cap stopped squirming and stood still, hoping his face wasn't as rosey as it felt like it was. He was embarrased at himself but he couldn't deny it felt nice.

Once Chyna had volumized his hair so that it was no longer awkwardly pressed down from the hat, she flattened it out for naturally. Combing through his hair gently to smooth it out.