Chapter 42

Mariin niyang tinitigan ang marka sa gilid ng tiyan ko.

How-what-wha.... how did you... " putol putol niyang sabi.

"Ngayong nakita mo na, explain."

" Wait! How do I make sure this isn't a part of your sick plan para pabagsakin kami. For all I know, that could be fake."

I chuckled in response.

"If I were plotting to bring it down,  the easiest thing to do is to kill you,  Ivanna Fuentes,  and Lucca Leferius, which I did not,  given plenty opportunities."

Sinamaan niya ako ng tingin.

"I still don't trust you." I rolled my eyes. "But to fill you in with the information you crave,  that mark right there signifies the ones who had fallen."

The ones who had fallen? Bigla akong napaisip,  anong ibig sabihin nun?

Naisip ko si Ivanna Fuentes,  she had the same mark too.  I tried connecting it to the mark of the Imperial Mafia though magkaiba sila.

The imperial mafia mark is two daggers forming a cross over a four petalled flower. So what does it have to do with the massacre. Gumugulo ang isip ko.

"You still haven't answered my question, anong nangyari sa Imperial Mafia Clan massacre? There are no existing data tungol dito" mariin kong tanong.

Bigla siyang napatawa.

"That's because wala namang nangyaring massacre sa Imperial Mafia in the first place. Alam kong matalino ka, Connect the dots Haruka Otokawa. "

Huminga ako ng malalim, maliwanag sa aking wala siyang balak sabihin ito.

"I have one last question. Do you have the same mark? Sino pa ang may ganito? " tanong ko.

He lightly chuckled. " I only know 3 people who bears the mark today including you, pero hindi ko sasabihin kung meron ako,  maybe I have one,  or maybe I don't. "

"Bakit di mo nalang sabihin! "

"Now where's the fun in that,  clearly, you don't know a thing but it's entertaining seeing you that way. A piece of advise Haruka, wag ka masyadong maniwala sa sinasabi ng iba,  including mine."

"Does that mean you're lying?" I said, anger was visible on my tone

He just shrugged.

"maybe, maybe not. " mas lalong uminit ulo ko.

Magsasalita pa sana ako nang biglang kumalabog ang pinto. 

Loud banging was continuously heard, as if forcing to open the door.

I didn't bother moving, I was sure I locked the door, pag hindi nila mabuksan ay baka aalis na ito, but for a second I was hesitating, hindi kasi ganoon katibay ang lock and judging by how hard they bang the door, they're pretty desperate to get in.
With a loud bang, the lock on the door broke at biglang bumukas ang pinto.

I was gonna force myself to stand up, ready to shock the unwanted trespasser.Pero sa halip na sila ang nagulat, it was the other way around.

The moment the door burst open two figures of both a guy and a woman came in, pero sa halip na lapitan kami as what I was expecting, ni hindi man lang kami tinignan.

I think they have no idea we even exist here.

Pagkapasok nila, the boy quickly shoved the girl into the wall, and stick their faces at each other. The guy's back was facing us at natatabunan niya ang babae.