A Journey Across the Pond

A/N: Hi everyone, I'm so sorry, I've been so busy that I haven't had time to update. So in apology I made this chapter extra long. I hope you enjoy! If you have any ideas of what will happen next I'd love to hear it in the comments :-).

________________________________________________________________________

Gwen huffed for the one millionth as Newt hovered beside her, "I'm fine and I passed all your stupid tests." She groaned, stepping out toward the loading dock for the Holland American Line.

Newt waited impatiently as the muggle Guard inspected his suitcase as Gwen passed over the line after her passport was certified.  After making numerous glances in Gwen's direction, the young woman rolled her eyes when Newt kept watching her.

The Guard on duty also watched Newt's anxious behavior as he searched his suitcase, deeming it fine, the Guard ushered Newt through to go toward the loading dock. "You're all set sir."

Newt nodded in thanks as he made his way over toward Gwen, "I know you said you were fine, but I guess I'm just really concerned."

Gwen sighed before replying, "Come on Newton or we will miss the boat, we were lucky enough to get this ship over to New York today."

Gwen slipped her arm around Newt's and pulled him toward the ramp to board the boat.  To Gwen this had felt like déjà-vu as if Newt and her were leaving New York a few months ago.  Settling down in the lower part of the ship, Newt sat down across from Gwen at a small table.  No sooner had the two people sat down, a muggle waiter approached the two retrieve their order.

"What can I get for you?" he asked.

"We're good." Newt replied, but this comment seemed to discourage the waiter.

"Never mind, sir, we'll take two waters." Gwen called after him.

The waiter nodded, "Of course Miss.  That will be right out."

Newt turned to watch the waiter retreat behind the bar area, "I wouldn't drink anything, I've heard the muggles take ill." He warned Gwen.

Gwen rolled her eyes, "I'll be fine, plus I wasn't evening planning to drink it anyway."

"Then why?" Newt asked.

"If you had forgotten Newt we are on a quest, not to mention we need to water the Rock Blossoms." Gwen noted as the waiter came back and placed two glasses of water on the table.

Gwen thanked him, to which the waiter grunted and walked away. "Friendly man," she muttered sarcastically.

"And we have to remind them of home in order to keep them alive, which entails keeping them in a muddy climate." Newt continued Gwen's thought.

"Exactly!" Gwen nodded. "So whose going inside the case this time?"

"I'll go," Newt said, "I've been meaning to fatten up those Flobberworms."

Gwen scrunched up her nose and scowled, "I really don't know why you keep those things, they're so weird."

"Well then so are you." Newt teased back.

"Fine." Gwen huffed, "You go and take care of the animals while I babysit the case and stare out at the vast ocean." Shaking her head.

By the time the sunrise covered the ship on the fifth day, Gwen was about ready to just apparate herself across to America.  She could stand being on the ship any longer and it wasn't because she was sea sick, it was because her dragon side was becoming restless without its normal movements.  Because of this Gwen had to end up going inside the case just to shift into her dragon form to get relief.  Currently Gwen was standing at the edge of the stern gripping the railing anxiously.