30

Previously on Pure Happiness

"Beth," he spoke softly.

"How? How can I see you?" Beth questioned with a trembling voice begging to let out a sob as her tears hit her cheeks.

~~~

"I don't know," he shook his head moving his hand to the strawberry blonde's cheek.

"I can feel you," she spoke as heavy breaths escaped her lips. "Blake," she muttered smiling through her tears as she brought her hand over his as it layed on her cheek.

"Yeah, it's me," he nodded before he wrapped his arms around the young banshee's waist and with out hesitation she hugged him back.

"I didn't think I would ever see you again," she cried into his shoulder.

"I know," he muttered.

"I had screamed and I knew you were going to die, but I didn't know what I was back then so I didn't want to accept it, I didn't want to believe it, I couldn't," she sobbed. "So I didn't say goodbye."

"Beth. Hey, hey, it's okay, it's okay," he said as he grabbed the back of her head.

She suddenly separated herself from his arms and looked at the boy through her glassy eyes with a shake of head. "No, it's not okay. You're dead, you died. I couldn't save you. So no it's not okay!"

"Beth, it was my time to go. The only reason I couldn't find peace and leave the other side was you," Blake confessed.

"What?"

"We didn't say goodbye. I was stubborn about my death too, you know," he chuckled. "People always say that you know when you're going to die and you do. I had this voice in my head while I was resting after the spell, saying that I had say bye. But just like you didn't listen to your instinct, I didn't listen to mine either."

"Why?" Beth questioned as she finally wiped the tears off her cheeks.

"Because I didn't want to leave you. I didn't want to lose you."

"I didn't want to lose you either," she muttered before bringing her rosy lips to his.

~~~

Beth knew she should have called Bonnie or anyone to tell them about Blake, but she didn't. She needed this, she couldn't let go. Not that easily. Not yet.

She woke up in Blake's arms in her living room couch. They had talked all night, and even though she had enjoyed it, there was a pang in her chest that told her she would have to say goodbye very soon.

"Good morning," he muttered.

"Hey," she said softly before getting off the couch and standing over the boy. "I still feel like this is a nightmare and that I'm suddenly going to wake up."

"A nightmare?" He questioned as he sat up.

"Any dream with you is a nightmare," she muttered as his brows furrowed. "Because I just lose you all over again. I have them a lot."