31: Family Meeting

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
"family meeting"

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE"family meeting"

"I apologize for nothing." I shrugged as i sat on the stairs of my house. Stefan drove me home, because Damon weirdly had plans with Bonnie and Jeremy.

   Stefan stood near the front door with his arms crossed over his chest, "nothing? Not a single thing? From last night or from a few years ago?"

   "Yep." I glared at him. "I don't regret sleeping with Klaus, because I didn't know he was Klaus back then. And if I did feel guilty for taking that pill last night, I wouldn't have to be apologizing to you for it." I sighed, laying back on the stairs for a second before realizing it was very uncomfortable. "You only drove me back to talk to Elena, so go do that."

I faked a smile before going up to my room. I heard Stefan come up as well, but he went towards Elena's room.

Ric had fixed my door from when John broke it down, but being that Ric is a teacher and not a handy-man, it's not perfect. The door is crooked, and you have to lift on the handle to close it.

   I stood in front of my mirror, just staring at myself. Flashbacks of last night, and from when I was younger and partied, raced through my mind. One night specifically, though. The one night I haven't been able to remember flooded my brain for the first time. The night before I was sent away.

Tyler and I were halfway through six grade, at our last forest party. Tyler was basically sober, he always was at the parties. He followed me everywhere I went, making sure I didn't go too deep into the woods alone, making sure the high schoolers we partied with weren't trying anything on me, making sure I survived all the pills and alcohol given to me. I typically handled all the drugs pretty well. I'd feel the fuzzy, I'd sit against a tree with Tyler by my side, watching the high schoolers dance and make out with each other. I never threw up. No matter how much alcohol I drank, or how many pills I swallowed, I never once threw up. Until that night, when my drink was spiked by the high schooler that originally invited me to the first party. I still didn't know what he mixed into my cheap gin and juice, but I didn't feel the fuzzy that night. I just felt tired. I laid up against the same tree I always did, Tyler noticed that I was way too out of it for only drinking half a cup of booze and taking one pill, so he lightly slapped my cheek, trying to get me to wake up some. I puked three times in under five minutes and he knew something was wrong. Tyler watched as my breathing slowed after puking the final time, and he didn't hesitate to call my parents. Even though he knew there was a chance I'd hate him for it, he called them and told them exactly where we were and what I did. I was rushed to the ER, and while the doctors tried to figure out what mystery pill was dropped into my gin, my heart stopped. The pill apparently didn't mix well with the gin and the pill I willingly took. The doctors had to shock me three times, but my heart started up again and they pumped my stomach. I remember my parents screaming at each other, trying to figure out what they did wrong to make me turn to drugs. My sister was consoling my brother in the corner of the room, and my uncle/father was crying in the hall. That was the last time I took any pills until last night.