Chapter Twenty-Two

Gansey, is rather fond of Blue Sargent. He finds her especially attracting in all aspects of the word. Her intellect continues to amaze him every day. Her way of dealing with people speaks volumes to him. Her ability to knock him off his feet with a few words has always left him particularly stunned. Gansey, is infatuated. Gansey, is in a pickle. He is well aware of his feelings for Blue, but he has yet to decipher what they are. Is she like a sister? No, he feels a much different attraction for his Jane than he does for Helen. Is she like a brother? They don't seem to hold the same connection that him and Ronan do. A doting mother figure? She hardly dotes on him. Then what could it be? Gansey is a very bright young man, but also incredible stupid, in many aspects of the word.

Blue, is in a pickle. The bell is about to ring and she is debating whether or not she want to confront Professor Gray. Her gut is telling her she probably shouldn't, but her mind is screaming to know the truth. It's been months now and the only information she's managed to grab are some small articles from back in the day -which has mostly been crossed out. Blue wants -needs- to figure out who her father was. Even if her mother does know, which Blue is fairly certain she doesn't, she refuses tell Blue about it. Why is it all so secretive? The only promising information she'd even found about her father was a small news clip from years ago, saying how a man, about the size, height, and age of her father was found washed in the river, but they couldn't ID the body. The article only raised more questions. Why wasn't there a follow up investigation? Why didn't they say if fowl play was involved? How come they couldn't identify the body? Is her father actually dead? The question weighs on her mind more than any other. Was all of this for nothing? Immediately after Blue had heard the truth, that her father had not died in a car crash, but was instead pronounced dead only because they couldn't find him, she hoped against all sensibility that he was still alive.

*Ring Ring* The bell signaling the end of class rings above them, Blue sighs heavily. No more time to think. She breathes in and pushes off from her desk. She makes her way to the professors desk and-

"Blue?" Noah calls shyly from behind her. "Did you still wanna talk?"

Blue whips around. Noah. She had completely forgotten that they were having a conversation when the bell had so rudely interrupted them.

"Yea, yea, lets talk and walk," She tells him.

Noah blushes furiously and grabs his stuff. As they walk out of the room and past the professor's desk, Blue swears she can feel his eyes on the back of her head. She longs to turn around and demand answers, but right now Noah is at her side and she refuses to dismiss him. They reach the outside corridor and Blue smiles at the sunlight all around her. Artificial light is such a pain, she thinks. Whatever happened to good old open windows?

"So what's up?" Blue asks him.

"Uh," Noah mumbles -from what Blue can tell, giddily, but in all actuality it is out of nerves. "Well, I was thinking, you know cause we're friends and all."

"Yes," Blue smiles, promoting him to continue.

"Well I was wondering if, since you said you and Gansey aren't a thing, if you would want I was thinking that maybe we could-" Noah

"Hey guys," Come the breathless voice of non other than Dick Gansey the Third. Noah clamps his jaws shut.

"Hello Gansey," Blue sighs.

Gansey grimaces. "You sure seem happy to see me."

"Always," She says with a roll of her eyes.

"Right," He says, unsure of himself. "Blue would you like to go on a walk with me?" He asks.