Jealous!Scout X Reader

Hey guys! The sweet fluff starts here again and thanks for all the reads and votes- they really make my day loves. So enjoy y'all. :*

Scout paced the wooden halls of their present base in the Badlands as his mind wandered on the various things that have kept him awake in the dark of night.
Sure he had you to calm his perturbations every now and then, but whenever he's all alone, Jeremy realized to his misfortune just how easily his demons could pull through and recoup; and whenever he discovers they're back, it was usually too late to try and suppress them again.

Ugh. Jeremy.

What a common name for a common guy.

There it was again; the ugly face of disdain rearing itself out from the shadows of his mind. Scout couldn't help picking on himself, for lately, he has seen you checking out other men: Whether its the depth of their eyes, their nose, their face, their butts- it didn't matter, he hated them all.

He hated the fact that he wasn't enough for you; like, what- can't you look at him like that? He should've been all the men you needed!

To make matters worse, Spy suggested talking to you in a traditional setting: Forward but with a sense of amour, complete with a complementary bottle of French wine.

As if.

In the end, he went up to your quarters and decided to straighten things out; he needed you to assure him that your affection hasn't waned yet- it could really help with his ease of mind.

"Hey, uh, hey (Y/N), ya free?" his voice was muffled by the oaken door but you could easily tell that he was stammering and uncertain despite your nose being buried deeply in the words and the vanilla scent of the book you were reading at the moment.

You gave a quiet giggle, "Yeah come in."

The golden knob glinted as it turned, and not long after, the young man walked in with a suspicious shadow cast over most of his face. It made you squint, as though glaring into the blue of his eyes could give away some kind of answer, at least even just a part of it.

You placed your book down after marking the page you last read and gave all of your attention to the disquieting mercenary slowly making his way towards you.

"Jeremy?" you asked barely above a whisper, "babe, what's wrong?"

"Hey... I just wanted to hang out with ma girl," he chuckled almost uncertainly, scratching his nape before squeezing himself beside you. Fortunately for him, you didn't take offence at the sudden queer gesture and even enjoyed the smooth feel of his sunkissed skin brushing against your arm.

It was deafeningly silent, save for the sound of your breathings. It became one of those moments when a drop of a pin or the tiniest whisper could pierce the air with the might of a ringing gong. Unsettling as it was, you pulled yourself together and tried to strike a friendly conversation.

"So," you began awkwardly, fiddling with the elevated creases on your blanket, "no pick up lines? No kinkshaming?" you ended it with a laugh, but you somehow knew that the attempt would be futile.

"Heh, nah toots; not today," he chuckled yet again, with the same intensity as that of a mouse.

Even a mouse could laugh louder than him...

The lack of volume as well as the absence of his hyper, bombastic nature distressed you, and you placed a hand on his firm shoulder to give it a little swerve, beckoning him to take his eyes off the floor and onto your own instead.

"Jeremy...I love you more than anything and it hurts to see you like this," you said genuinely, cupping his face, "please, I want to help you. Tell me what's bothering you."