Chapter Twenty-Six

Hey everyone!! 5K READS!!! I'm sooo happy right now and I'm so appreciative of all of you who consistently read my story or those who are just catching up. I'm so grateful for all your comments and views. Enjoy this chapter, it's longer and filled with content. COMMENT what you think! Love you all <3

xoxo
________________________

Delia
.
.
.
I'd been avoiding Draco for a little over a week now and I could tell it was driving him mad. I knew I shouldn't have let what Pansy said bother me so much but it did. I knew she wasn't lying and the thought always floated around in the back of my head but to throw it in my face in such a manner was different. I sighed and sat down next to Draco in Muggle Studies which was mandatory this year, instructed by none other than Alecto Carrow. She was just as cold as her brother, perhaps even more so because she gave punishments without warning. Alecto's red hair was close to that of the Weasley's but no one dared to say anything. Ginny was terrified of her.
"Copy the notes I've left on the board and read pages 231 through page 243. No talking." Alecto said.

I sighed and opened my book and parchment, dipping my quill in the ink. I began to copy the notes but couldn't see very well because of another Gryffindor's head that was in my way. I moved my head in an attempt to see better, shifting in my seat when Draco nudged me. I glared at him.
"What? I can't see the board, Draco." I said in an angry hushed whisper. His eyes glanced over my shoulder and back to me so I turned to see what he was looking at. Dark grey eyes with sallow white skin looked down at me threateningly.
"Are you incapable of sitting still or are you just incredibly stupid?" She spat menacingly. I looked down and fidgeted again, unable to muster up the courage to respond.
"Detention. My office after class." I nodded as she strode off, leaning my cheek against my palm in defeat.
"I tried to tell you." He whispered only loud enough for me to hear.
"I know." I continued to write down the notes as best as I could, glancing over at his parchment every once in awhile to get what I'd missed. Half an hour passed by slowly and then Alecto began her lecture about how Muggles were a danger to our world and how incredibly inferior they were in comparison to us.
"The most unforgivable thing a witch or wizard could do in their lifetime is conceive with muggle filth. Mudbloods are a disgrace to our world and none of you that fall under such category deserve to be here, much less learn magical material with REAL wizards." I grit my teeth and Draco placed his hand on my knee under the desk.
"That's fucking rubbish." I mumbled under my breath a little louder than I'd anticipated. Shit. I looked up to see Alecto smiling almost devilishly at me. She continued on with her lesson and I gripped Draco's hand. What have I done?

Draco
.
.
.
My heart was pounding in my chest as the bell rang, signaling that I'd have to leave Delia to Alecto. I hadn't had many conversations with Alecto or her brother at the meetings but I knew they got off on torturing people. I rubbed Delia's hand with my thumb and mouthed "I love you" before I left the classroom. It took everything in me not to intervene and make some bullshit excuse to spare Delia from Alecto's tactics. I set out to find the Weasley girl and Longbottom to let them know she'd be missing dinner. Entering the Great Hall, I spotted them almost immediately and I approached them apprehensively. Neville saw me first and did his best to glare at me.
"Delia has detention. With Alecto." Ginny choked on her pumpkin juice and stood up.
"What?"
"You should save her some food, she won't be making it for dinner." I said. Ginny narrowed her eyes at me and pointed her finger in my face.
"If you had anything to do with this, Malfoy, I'll-"
"I didn't. I would never." She scoffed.
"Strange a Death Eater like you would feel any concern for a 'filthy mudblood' like her. Getting soft are we?" I sighed and looked away checking to see if we had drawn any attention. Some Gryffindors glared at me and whispered among themselves.
"Just get her something to eat." I turned to walk away.
"Don't think this changes anything. Malfoy."
"I don't." I walked away towards the Slytherin table and sat next to Blaise.
"Why were you talking to those idiots, Draco?" He asked. Goyle snickered next to him and I put some chicken on my plate. The food on the Slytherin table was significantly more appetizing than all the others so I made up my mind to save Delia some chicken and some bread.
"I was just telling the Weasley girl that her friend has detention with Alecto. Thought it would be nice to remind her who's in charge around here." I said, faking happiness at the thought of Delia in detention.
"Nice one, Draco." I smiled and pushed my food around my plate.

Delia
.
.
.
"Well I'd like you to explain to me why you think my lecture is rubbish."
"I-I didn't mean it, professor."
"I didn't ask you if you meant it, stupid girl. Explain it to me because I'd very much like to hear it." She sat cross-legged on a chair while I stood timidly across the room, eyeing the door every so often. Alecto noticed and snorted.
"Detention isn't over. Spit it out before I make you." I fidgeted again, unable to meet her gaze for long.
"W-well, I don't think Muggles are all bad."
"Is that so?" She seemed kind of interested in what I had to say which struck me as rather odd.
"Yes, we're not so different. We just have our own ways of doing certain things just as they do." My voice wasn't as shaky and I stood up straighter. Perhaps she was different than her brother.
"What else?" She absentmindedly twirled hair around her finger and I calmed myself a little more.
"Mudbloods and purebloods are not different from each other either. One just has a muggle and a magical parent. If anything it makes Hogwarts more diverse in more ways th-" I suddenly felt slightly light-headed and blinked rapidly a few times to shake it off. Alecto got up from her chair and walked towards me. I backed into the wall and felt the lump in my throat rise again.
"Go on." She said, eyeing me carefully.
"Well like I was saying, Hogwarts is more diverse..." I felt something wet run down my leg and looked to see crimson blood staining my socks and robes. I pushed my robes back and saw my entire bottom left side was stained through with the warm liquid. It seeped through my grey skirt and I looked up at Alecto who had the same devilish smile she'd had on her face earlier.
"I-I.." I felt extremely light-headed now and a sudden searing pain overcame me radiating from my hip. I sobbed in pain as she stood in my face as tears rolled down my cheeks.
"Tell me more won't you?" I looked around the room like a cornered animal as my vision started to morph.
"Detention is over. You're free to go." I tried my best to go to the door, leaning on the wall for support.
"Oh, and don't let me catch you in the hospital wing. You don't need to be wasting anyone else's time." I stumbled out of her classroom and into the castle corridors. Some people looked at me in pity but knew if they intervened they might receive the same fate. That was the rule of thumb around here now. I somehow made it to the Gryffindor common room staining the floor with blood. Seamus Finnigan saw me first and rushed to my side, obviously concerned.
"Blimey, Delia! What the hell happened?!' I leaned on him for support and winced in pain.
"Detention."
"GINNY! GET DOWN HERE!" Seamus shouted as more people crowded around. She came running down the steps to the dormitory and her eyes widened in shock. She immediately put her arms around me and they both helped me to sit on the couch.
"Fucking hell. I didn't know it would be this bad, Delia." Ginny said.
"How did you know I had detention?' I asked softly. I blinked a couple more times to get my head clear.
"Courtesy of Malfoy. Let me go get my sewing kit and I'll fix you right up. Neville do you have any plant to help with the pain?"
"Yeah I'll get it now." Neville left my side and Seamus looked at me.
"That's bang out of order. Someone needs to do something."
"We need Harry, Ron and Hermione to finish what they started. I'll be fine." I said, looking at the ceiling. Ginny came back and untucked my uniform shirt, lowering my skirt slightly so the wound right on my hip was visible.
"Alright, let's give them some privacy." Seamus said to the other Gryffindors who backed up to give us some room. I turned to Ginny and smiled.
"What would I do without you two?" Neville smiled and handed me a strange plant that I assumed would take my pain away.
"You'll fall asleep in about a minute. Don't worry, Delia. We've got you." Neville's face faded to black soon after as I drifted peacefully from reality.