Chapter 16

Chapter 16
• • •

        Saturday came around extremely fast.

"Omg I'm freaking out!" Scarlett complained as she dug through her closet.
"I have absolutely nothing to wear!"

"I liked the first one that you had on," I pointed out. She picked it back up and looked at it questionably.

It was a blue bikini. The bottoms were small and were tied together with rings on the side. The top was strapless and crossed over itself in the front.

The bathing suit that I was wearing, was a simple black string bikini.. it was pretty boring but fit me pretty comfortably.

"Okay, yeah, I guess..." she said and went in her bathroom to change. "Do you thing Mason will be there?" She called out from the bathroom.

"Probably," I called back. Mason had been Scarlett's crush since apparently second grade.

"I hope so," she came out of the bathroom looking stunning. "Its senior year. So it's now, or never," she said as she was brushing her beautiful wavy hair.

I had simply brushed out my hair and braided it to the side. Scarlett asked me to french braid hers, so I got up off of her comfy bed and started to braid it.

"Sooo what's going on with you and Ashton?" I stopped braiding for a second, but then I regathered myself and continued.

"Nothing is going on between us," I spoke firmly.

"Well you like him, don't you?"

"No,"

"And he obviously likes you,"

"Nooo he doesn't.. girl what are you on tonight?" I chuckled.

"You've seen the way he looks at you right??" I finished and she turned to face me. She doesn't understand that he's just curious about my past.

"No I haven't," I said and grabbed my cover up from off of the bed.

"Well then your blind." She chuckled. "And besides, just the fact that he looks at you for more than 2 seconds tells you something... I mean, the boy just doesn't like people. So you must be special to him," she said. I decided just to let it go.

"Yeah I guess," I dismissed the subject, not wanting to discuss it any further. "What are you doing for makeup?"

"Waterproof mascara," she answered, digging through her makeup drawer. I had only put on waterproof mascara as well.

When it was time to leave, I looked in the mirror, then at her.

"Do you think that George will be there?" I asked sheepishly.

"Hell no." She replied. "There might be unnoticed party crashers, but George would definitely be noticed and kicked out, trust me." She finished putting all of her stuff in her bag, and grabbed her car keys.

"Okay, yeah. You're right." I responded and slipped my black and gold sunglasses on. Scarlett turned her car on and smiled at me with her gorgeous smile.

"I'm so excited," she turned her gaze to her driveway and backed out.

• • •

When we got to the party, loads of people were already out back. We could hear the loud dance music blasting through giant speakers before we even pulled up to his house. When we got out, we smiled at each other and started up the driveway.

"Vanah's inside," Scarlett informed me. When we got to the front door, Eli whipped it open and a huge smile spread across his face.

"Come on in!" He yelled over the music and we entered. The atmosphere quickly changed from Californian outdoors to a house filled with partying teenagers and alcohol. The music was blasting and there were lasers flying around the room.