40

Guns

Guns

The Next Morning

Natalie climbed out of Shane's tent, buttoning the last button on her shirt.

She hadn't been there all night. She got tired of waiting for Glenn to wake up and talk to her about his 'date' with Maggie so she snuck into Shane's tent before the sun came up.

A small smile cracked onto her face when she saw Carl walking out of the farm house. It was the first time he'd been on his feet since the accident.

Carl smiled wildly when he caught glance of Natalie. He tried to take off running her direction, but was caught by his mother.

"Take it slow, Carl," Lori scolded gently.

"Ah, don't worry about it, bud. I'll can promise you you'll be back to beating me in races by the end of the week-- oh wait, I was always the one beating you and Nicky," Natalie teased, ruffling Carl's hair.

Carl smiled, thinking about all the times Natalie had played with Nicky and him. He had always thought that she was the epitome of a good mom. Sometimes it made him sad that his own mother wasn't more like Natalie.

"Come on, Carl. We've gotta go feed the chickens," Lori said, holding her hand out to Carl, trying to lead him away from Natalie.

Carl smiled quickly at Natalie and walked past his mother.

Lori dropped her hand back to her side and sighed loudly.

"He seems to be doing a lot better," Natalie said, trying to be kind.

"Nice sex hair, bitch," Lori snapped.

Natalie licked her lip, trying not to cause a scene and trying to stay calm.

"At least I'm having sex," Natalie snapped calmly.

Lori scoffed and walked after Carl.

"Have a nice day, Whori," Natalie called, smiling and waving sarcastically.

Lori glared at her.

"I thought sex was supposed to put you in a good mood," Shane muttered as he walked past her.

"Only if it's good," Natalie retorted simply, winking at him sarcastically.

"Shut up," Shane muttered.

"Make me," Natalie mumbled angrily.

"You coming to gun practice?" Shane asked.

"I'm licensed," Natalie snapped.

"Let me rephrase. You are coming to gun practice," Shane said.

"We'll see," Natalie sighed.

Shane scoffed, rolling his eyes.