Peter Oneshot 2/2

blub

(A/N: Hey guys! I hope you are doing well. I'm doing alright. I'm having a bit of trouble with school but I'm going to hopefully talk to some people today so that should go well. I've started reading Sting by Jude Watson. The first book is called Loot, which I read in like 4th grade. I didn't even know she came out with another book in the series! It's really good though. Remember to eat something, drink some water and take your meds! Love you!)

Oneshot: You are captured during the Golden Age

When Peter didn't get any news about Y/N's whereabouts, he all but decided for himself that it had been too long.

Hostages situations were usually quick, not drawn out. In the situations Peter had seen where the hostage wasn't seen for more than a week, it usually only went south from there. He feared the worst, but he could let himself act as though this was any different from anything he'd faced before. He couldn't let his feelings, whatever they were, controlled his actions.

When even Edmund started suggesting that he should try to find her, Peter knew that it had been too long.

It had been too long to keep up this false sense of optimism, constantly pushing back the thoughts that plagued him. He couldn't do it. He knew his limits, and quite frankly she was right on the other side of those limits, begging him to follow her. He knew that if he used his heart, his decisions would become biased and questionable. He tried so hard not to think about her, about the state that she could be in, the pain or discomfort, or the possibility that she wasn't in any state because she had gone to be with Aslan days ago.

When his advisers started to question the lack of lengths that Peter was going to to get Y/N back, he had gathered his bag, saddled his horse and rode out with Edmund to find her before they could finish voicing their concerns.

They followed a trail, checking each of the places they knew the Telmarines had stayed at before. The Telmarines were still a rather small group, maybe only twenty to thirty people, but compared to their two man regiment, Peter nor Edmund favored their chances if things got anywhere near violent.

When they saw a column of smoke coming up from deep into the forest, Peter and Edmund shared a look, some sort of silent communication that no one else would have understood, ensuring that neither of them felt confident, but backing out was something they weren't going to risk.

They left their horses a ways away from the edge of the forest. As they trudged through the bramble, Edmund picked up on more signs that Y/N had been there than Peter. He noticed the small pieces of deep red thread that had torn off on sticks and stems. He saw a very small diamond that must have come off of the jewelry she was wearing. There were clear signs that she had been here, and that small flicker of hope fueled the fire to find her before it was too late.

When they started to hear voices, to smell burning wood and cooked meat, the Pevensie boys slowed down, taking more caution in their steps.

Anything could give them away, and that wasn't something they could afford to let happen. When they came to the clearing that the Telmarines had set up camp in, Peter couldn't help but admire the set up they had. What they lacked in numbers or hygiene, perhaps, they made up for in just about everything else. Their armor looked to be a good quality, something that the kings hadn't expected of the unruly gang of pirates coming to cause trouble in their home. Their swords were scuffed, some broken at the tips, but most were covered in specks of blood.

When they saw a tent towards the back, one that was bigger than the other one man tents scattering the opening, Peter motioned for Edmund to follow him, staying behind the trees as they made their way around the camp and to a place where they could scope out the tent.

Peter wanted so badly to feel hopeful about this place, wanted it to feel promising and sure, but he didn't. He felt more emotions than he could comprehend. He hoped that Y/N was in the tent, alive and ready to leave this place and go back to the life they were used to, but he knew that it wasn't likely, especially with Y/N's sarcasm. He knew it was more likely that he'd walk into the tent and want to cry, want to claw his eyes out at the sight of his Y/N either staring back at him, her E/C eyes frantic and terrified, or staring back at him because she had died like that, her glossy eyes no longer holding that wisdom and snark that made him love her. He wondered which he would prefer when the time came.

When they made it to the back of the tent, which, thankfully, backed up to the forest, they listened intently, though the only thing they could here was the sounds of a sword against a stone, sharpening.

After a while, a man with a sword in one hand and a stone in the other left the tent, so Peter assumed that no one else was in there, except for her, hopefully. Edmund took a small knife out of the inside of his jacket, quietly tearing the seam in the tent, not daring to attempt a run at the main tent flap. When he had made a hole in the fabric wide enough to see though, he gasped, ripping the rest of the seam with his bear hands. He all but threw himself through the tear, Peter quickly following after him.

When he saw her, his Y/N, tied to a chair with her head resting limply on her shoulder, he felt so many emotions towards so many different things that he nearly burst.

She was breathing, and that was something that Peter would thank Aslan for for the rest of his life. Her dress, once elegant and made to hug her curves, was now in shreds around her frame, bits of skin showing, and while most of it was covered in blood, Peter wasn't completely sure it was hers.

Y/N wasn't conscious, and Peter made a silent plea that she would stay that way until they were out of the camp and halfway back to Cair Paravel. He probably should have been praying that she would wake up, but it would be easier if he could sling her over his shoulder in the meantime.

When she woke up, back in the infirmary at Cair Paravel, Y/N nearly screamed.

She only contained her noises when she felt someone's hand in hers and a head lying next to her side.