The Great Escape

*Serena*

Tears brim my eyes as a vacantly stare at the cabin door. It has been almost two days, and in the short amount of time, Darren has once again broken me.

"What's wrong Serena? You seem down." 

I stare up at him with hollow eyes, causing the vampire to chuckle. 

"Look at you. You know you may have been a big talk but your still just as weak, and pathetic as ever." 

He knocks me to the ground, my head roughly smacking against the wood floor. He leans close to my ear.

"The last things your little friends will see is those vacant eyes staring at them, silently screaming for help." He states venomously.

"Don't underestimate them," I whisper hoarsely. "My only satisfaction out of all of this is knowing that someone will hold your cold, dead, lifeless heart in their hands," I whisper bitter.

He chuckles. "Oh, but I have a secret weapon, Serena." 

"And what's that Darren?"

He roughly pats my cheek. "In good time."

I watch as he black boots disappear behind a door, away from my line of vision. I roughly pull against the ropes, relieved when my wrist slips free. I quietly sit up, reaching for the ones around my ankles. Quickly getting to my feet I limp towards the door, soon disappearing out into the dark wilderness.