Chapter 44 - Sandwiches

Hyemi's POV

I stared down to my fingers, fiddling it. The surrounding was quite uncomfortable with the boys staring at me. I tried not to make eye contact since it was the last thing I wanted to do right now. An awkward laugh came out from Seokmin as I looked up to him only to see him looking at the boys with an uneasy smile plastered on his face.

"Explain," I heard Woozi said, giving Seokmin a questioned look as his finger was pointing at me. Seokmin scratched the back of his neck as he explained the situation that had happened. I couldn't help but to notice every single glace Soonyoung had given me. I tried to ignore it but somehow I felt uncomfortable so I decided to stare back. We had a long staring contest.

"Her memories are back!" by the time Seokmin finished explaining, I looked away from Soonyoung to turn my head to Seokmin, who was smiling at me.

"Is it true?" I heard Dino said, walking closer to me with wide eyes. I gave him a half smile before nodding my head. "I-I'm sorry for not remembering sooner." I spoke up, looking down. I was suddenly being pulled into a bear hug by Dino.

"I'm glad that your back." I felt his hand patting my back. I let out a chuckle before hugging him back. I looked to the other boys and saw them smiling at me. "Group hug!" Seungkwan shouted as he made his way to hug us. The others joined afterwards. I grinned as happy tears made its way out of my eyes.

Now this is home.

*****

"Wake up! Wake up!" I slowly opened my eyes and saw Dino jumping up and down. "Let's make breakfast!" He said, pulling my arms. I smiled widely before getting out of bed. Me and Dino had a little race to the kitchen.

"Hey hey, becareful there!" Jeonghan said when he saw us running in front of him.

"Y-yes, mum. I mean- hyung." Dino said, causing me to giggle.

I got to the kitchen first. I raised my hand in the air. "I win." I cheered, making him groaned. "Whatever," he mumbled, walking his way to the fridge. "What to make?" He asked, scanning the inside of the fridge.

"I have no idea." I shrugged.

"Can't we just eat something light for breakfast? Seungcheol hyung is taking us somewhere for lunch," Minghao, out of nowhere, said. "He's paying." He whispered but loud enough for me and Dino to hear.

"Yay!" Dino clapped his hands while jumping up and down.

Soonyoung suddenly appeared, dragging his feet to the fridge. "Uhm... are you guys making breakfast today?" He asked us as we nodded our heads. "well what about making sandwiches?" He spoke.

I heard Dino gasped. "That's a great idea, hyung!" He said. He then looked at me, waiting for my approval. "o-oh, yeah! That's a good idea." I responded, letting out an awkward laugh. To be honest, after last night, I didn't really talked to Soonyoung that much which made it more uncomfortable for me.

"What's wrong, Hyemi? You don't like sandwiches?" Dino asked, raising an eyebrow. I turned to Soonyoung who was also waiting for my answer. "N-no. I like sandwiches. I-In fact, I love sandwiches. All kinds of sandwiches! Turkey sandwich, tuna sandwich, egg sandwich, uhm, chicken sandwich. Yup, I love love love sandwiches. I could even marry one. That's how- how serious my love for sandwiches are." I mentally slapped myself. I didn't even know what I was saying and it came out stupid.

Dino and Soonyoung were nodding their heads while I was talking but I could tell they didn't care and probably judging me the whole time. "Well, o-ok then! Sandwiches it is." Dino annouced, grabbing the ingredients out of the fridge.

"Y-yeah, I'll be back. I need to do something." I excused myself. Dino looked at me with a questioned look before nodding his head. I awkwardly smiled, leaving the room. I just couldn't handle being in the same room as Soonyoung. It's making me nervous. I didn't even know why.

Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Soonyoung looking at me with a concern look. "Are you ok?" He asked. "Y-yes. I am. Why wouldn't I be? I am great. I feel awesome! I-I don't know why you asked me that because I'm fine. I'm-" he put his finger on my lips, causing me to stop babbling.

"Let me stop you there. You're shuttering a lot today. What's wrong?" He asked, pulling his hand away from me.

I pressed my lips in a this line before mumbling 'nothing'. "Anyway, I should go back in there and help Dino out with the pancakes." I told him.

"Uhm... he's making sandwiches."

Oh yeah..

"That's what I said." I blinked multiple times.

"No... you said pancakes."

"I'm pretty sure I said sandwiches."

"No, you clearly said pancakes."

I bit my bottom lip. "You must've heard it wrong because I said sandwiches," I lied. "Anyway, I'll go and help him now." I was about to walk in the kitchen but I felt his hand gripping on my wrist.

"Is it my fault that you're acting like this? Am I making you uncomfortable?" He questioned. I could see the sadness in his eyes.

"What? No. It's not you, it's me. I think it's kind of hard for me to be comfortable around you just because I feel bad for not remembering you sooner." I explained.

"But you're comfortable with the other boys. Why just me?" He raised an eyebrow. I looked away.

"I don't know. I just don't know. Can we just talk later?" I said as he letting out a sigh before nodding his head.

I walked in the kitchen only to see Dino was halfway finish making the sandwiches. "Wow, you're fast!" I told him. He chuckled. "Making sandwiches isn't that hard."

He turned to the table and grabbed a plate full of sandwiches on it. "Here, this is for you. You said you love sandwiches, so I made you a whole bunch of it." He said with a grin on his face.

"B-but that's a lot!" I spoke.

"Well, I made this much so that if you eat a lot of this, you still have some... to marry." He explained as I heard a laugh from the door. I turned around and saw Soonyoung smiling cheekily at me.

Oh, boy.

-----------

Hi guys! I'm back with a new update. I know it's been a long time and i am sorry but hey, I'm back.

Also, sorry for the lame update :')

Vote & comment!