A New Beginning

*Serena* 

I jump awake clutching my chest, my breath ragged.  My eyes falling to the figure next to me.

"Klaus," I whisper.

In an instant, he's next to me, his arms tightly wrapped around me. 

"Serena." He breaths, placing a gentle kiss on my forehead. "I thought I'd lost you."

Tears prick up in my eyes as I tightly hug him back. "Klaus," I mumble.

He pulls back holding my face in between his hands. His thumb brushes away my tears, as he shushes me.

"It's alright love."

My eyes meet his, a familiar storm of emotions clouding his blue eyes. I quickly lean forward pressing my lips against his. His lips feverish move against mine, his hands knotting in my hair. He pulls back resting his forehead against mine.

"What happened?" I question quietly.

"That man is dead, and as for you love-"

"He killed me didn't he?" 

"I'm afraid so love."

A small smile tugs at the corner of my lips. "I think that's something I can deal with." 

He returns the gesture with a small smirk. "And why's that love?"

I shrug wrapping my arms around his neck. "Spending all eternity with those I care the most for. I don't think I could ask for anything better. Besides someone has to keep you in check."

Klaus smirks, pressing his lips against mine. "I wouldn't want it any other way." He states in a hushed tone, gently caressing my cheek.

"You know I always thought that you would perish under my hand." He beings quietly. "I always thought my inner demons would bubble to the surface and destroy the one thing that has made my existence a bit more bearable. It wasn't until I saw you die at the hand of someone else that I realized how much I truly care for you."

I gently rest my hand on top of his. "I greatly care for you to Klaus."

"I promise on my life, that I will never let anyone ever hurt you again.And I will use the rest of my immortality to bring you-"

I quickly press my lips to his, after a moment I pull back staring deeply into his eyes. A small smirk on my lips. "You talk too much."