Chapter 41

I am supposed to upload tomorrow but I've got to attend a seminar with the Ambassador of Sri Lanka to the Philippines so...I uploaded today. Hehe

There's only one chapter left to this story. *sniff* And I hope you'll continue supporting Liz and Vince up to the end.

Enjoy!

*************************

Chapter 41

Liz:

“Are you really sure about this, my lady.” Sebastian asked while we’re sitting inside my room.

Staring into space, I answered. “Yes.”

I heard him laugh under his breath. “You are never good in lying.”

And that silenced me. I took a deep breath as I look intently at the bouquet of flowers in my hand. I don’t know what to say. I can never lie to Sebastian…ever.

It is he who broke the silence between us. “Why are you doing this, Liz?”

“I have no choice.”

“Of course you have.”

I bit my lip so as to stop any tear from falling down on my cheeks. It took me a second to answer. “You don’t understand, Sebastian. You don’t understand a thing. It’s complicated.”

Straight-forwardly, he answered. “Because you are making things complicated.” He paused for a bit. “You love him. He loves you. Then why don’t you be together instead?”

I shook my head. “I can’t do that. He’s not in love with me. I know that.”

“How did you know? Have you asked him?” he asked.

“There’s no point in doing that. I’m getting married in a few minutes now.”

Yes, today’s the day of my wedding. Not to someone I love but to someone I know loves me – at least that’s what I believe. It was Justin who stayed by my side in the most drastic moments of my life. He was the shoulder I need to cry on; his touch was there to heal me and most importantly, he made me feel that I am someone who deserves to be loved whole-heartedly.

Justin did everything for me. He never mentioned anything about Vince – not even his name – and never did anything that would remind me of him. He did everything for me to forget about Vince and the pains I went through back there.

But…

There’s not one second when Vince stayed out of my mind and my heart. He’s always there – no matter how hard I try to forget him.

Though it is my wedding day, I feel cold and empty inside. What I’m doing might not be right but, this is the only way I know that would make me totally forget the past.

Even though, I am not whole-heartedly decided to let go of him. It’s just that I have to.

“I just hope you’d be happy with this.” Sebastian began to talk again.

“I hope so too.” I responded. “By the way, has the driver arrived? I don’t want to be late at my own wedding.”

Sebastian nodded. “Yes, my lady.”

**********

Half an hour has passed and we still haven’t arrived at the church. And it made me wonder. The church is not that far from our home considering that there is not much vehicles on the road.

When I looked through the window, I noticed that we’re heading the wrong way.

So, I told the driver. “Excuse me. I think we’re heading the wrong way.”