s e v e n

It's been so long since I've seen Micah last, his presence hasn't bothered me in weeks. Some days I've sworn to see him around the place but I'm wrong, it's just another tall man with tattoos around me.

I sit in the pew listening to the priest.

The mass comes to a close and people slowly leave the church, talking and asking if their friends want to come over for lunch. I stay in my seat for longer than I need to. I think about my life and how I wish I could be twelve again where my biggest worry was going to school without a phone.

"Honey, are you okay?" An old lady's voice spikes up.

I quickly stand from the pew and nod, "I was just day dreaming."

She smiles, "I'm glad to see some younger faces in the church again."

I watch her dip her fingers into the holy water before making the sign of the cross, I follow behind. "I must be going but I hope to see you next week," she touches my hand.

"If I'm up to date with my work," I tell her. She smiles before walking away to what must be her family. I lean against the railing of the stairs grabbing my phone out, my eye is quick to catch the man who leans against his car watching me with a careful eye.

This time, I'm not mistaken. It's Micah.

I quickly make my way towards him, "what are you doing here?"

"I saw you as I was driving past so I decided to wait for you."

"You shouldn't be here," I mumble holding the cross on my neck wishing it would send this man away again. I was wondering why he'd not bothered me and it bothered me that he wasn't around but now his around I wish he'd banish into thin air.

I can't see to win, when his not around I want him when he is.. I don't.

"Church, that's for goody-two-shoes."

"Don't," I say harshly.

"What? Am I with a little church girl?" He teases.

"Micah, I really don't appreciate you making fun of my religion."

He grins leaning forward to press his lips on mine, I push him away annoyed and angry at the man. I don't want to be seen with this man's lips on mine, these people who stare at him. I wish I could tell them that it isn't what they think.

Micah smirks leaning against his expensive black car, "you're a bore, Rose. This religion crap. What makes you believe in some place that doesn't exist, a God who doesn't."

I question why I do believe.

"Leave me alone," I snap holding onto the bottom of my skirt. I turn around and head for refuge back into the church, maybe I could have minutes alone with the priest. I'm barely stepping onto the grass when Micah pulls me into his chest.

"You're hot when your angry," he grins. I don't want to be around this man any longer, the way his hurt me with a few simple words, the way he made me question my religion, my faith and beliefs. I hate that he did that, I hate myself too.

"You're going to go to hell," I spit using all my strength to push him off. Micah is caught off guard and takes the slightest step backwards.