Fifty-Eight: Broken Star

Elliot

Everything seemed to slow down, almost to a freezing point as I watched in awe and horror as Sydney and my brother's eyes start to glow in challenge of each other.

Suddenly my brother's eyes drastically widened in terror seeing Sydney's eyes were alit like his were. But there was something different about her eyes though. White wolves and their guardians have glowing white eyes. But hers, hers were glowing with a tent of blue. A tent of insanity and madness.

Unease rested in my stomach.

Blinking ever so slowly like it was almost a waste of her time she then gracefully grabbed his wrist from her throat and snapped it back with a flick of the hand. Logan let out a yelp and his eyes dimmed as Sydney's power started to dominate his. She continued to twist his wrist with astonishing strength until the sound of it starting to crack occurred. The space between her hand and his skin started to glow and Logan's skin started to sear and burn. Now Logan was withering in pain and screaming.

Letting him fall to the ground she turned mindlessly and locked her sight on her nearest enemy, Tether. Tether seeing this roughly shoved Jasmine behind him and prepared for a fight that he wouldn't win.

Beside me, Jay seemed to snap out of his trance of shock and growled at the man threatening his mate.

Tethers men circled him ready to protect their beta and his mate.

Jay's men did the same only around their alpha.

"Move," Jay demanded showing off his canines.

Even though they were outnumbered they didn't back down and instead of doing as Jay asked, one brave, or incredibly stupid younger wolf, threw himself at Jay and shifted in doing so.

The other three hurled themselves at Jay's pack and myself.

I threw my arms up to block the wolf flying at me with an open jaw.

"Go inside and get more back up you idiots!" Jasmine screeched as she knew that this was going to get really bad, really fast. And it did.

☽✣☾

Jay

Roughly I flung the wolf attacking me away. He slammed into the ground with a hard crack of bones crunching under the force.

I heard faintly Jasmine yelling but I was focused on my seemingly possessed mate. She wasn't herself as she walked right up to Tether and grabbed him by his neck, lifting him from the ground like he was a feather.

Tether fought against her arm but started to choke when like before when the space between her hand and his skin started to glowing and searing his skin.

My fist cracked against another mutts jaw as it tried to attack me. The sound of its jaw popping out of place was sickening but I wasn't focused on the group of men flooding out of the warehouse but on my mate was completely unaware of this.

"Sydney!" I yelled.

Her sharp eyes flashed to me and dimmed, as she seemed to recognize me and fall back into her old self again.

Before I could say anything else a man came up from behind her and quickly grabbed her around her waist and threw her into the ground away from Jasmine's mate. Dirt puffed around her but quickly settled. The man not giving her the chance to get up the man straddled her torso and let his fist fly into my mates face.