•91•

val

i rushed into the hospital emergency room doors and pushed through the loads of sick and injured people.

as i reached the front desk i slammed my hand on the desk out of breath and a woman looked up at me.

"you must be val.." she stands up and i not my head frantically.

"where is jack? is he okay? i need to seem him."

"i'm sorry, but you can't see him right now. let me find you his doctor." she smiles at me and guides me to the loads of chairs in the waiting room.

she placed me down lightly in the chair and rubbed my arm trying to comfort me. she went off to get his doctor and left me alone in the waiting room staring outside the window watching the raindrops fall down the glass.

"miss. mercado?" a voice whispered behind me.

i whipped my head around and saw a tall, older, brunette doctor. he offered me a sweet smile, but something told me that the smile wouldn't be there for a long time.

"hi, i'm doctor -"

"how is jack? is he okay? when can i see him?" i asked frantically and he sat down beside me making me turn my body towards him.

"miss. mercado.." he dragged on my name and i let tears fall down my cheeks. "jack is in pretty bad shape."

"what's wrong with him?"

"miss. mercado, jack flew through the windshield - he's in a coma. i'm so sorry."

my hand clasped over my mouth and i let loud sobs escape my lips and brought my head to my knees as he rubbed my back trying his best to help me calm down.

it wasn't a dream.

i've been so sad lately so someone make me smile and ill appreciate it. i'm truly thinking about moving out of my house without my parents knowing because all they do is fight. i'm just sad all the time, but writing makes me so happy and relieved so i'm trying my best to keep up on updates.