(3) Life is Great

(3 Years Later)

I woke up to sunlight streaming through my window. The covers were warm, and there was a book on the edge of the bed. I got up, placed the book back on the shelf, and went into my attached bathroom. I brushed my hair and treated it with some anti frizz before brushing my teeth. Then, I took some time to do a full face of makeup. Foundation, eyes, lips- the works. It felt so great to be able to do that.

After getting ready I went to the kitchen to grab some food. The Omegas of the Shooting Star pack were much less abused than those in East Wind. It was nice to see them. I would always greet them and tell them they did a good job on breakfast before grabbing a heaping plate of food and sitting down to eat.

I've been able to do so many things since I arrived. Not only have I made friends, but I also went through the remaining years of high school required of me and learned how to drive. On top of all that normal stuff, I've also worked my butt of to be on great terms with the Alpha and Luna. They even granted me a hugely important role as a warrior. Things couldn't have gone better over those three years. Every day was a new chance and a new roller coaster to ride.

After eating, I brought my plate to the kitchen and washed it. Then, I went upstairs to the second floor and gave the door to room 202 a knock. It opened a few seconds later to reveal a very excited looking Alexa Walters, a fellow warrior and my best friend. She was one of the first people I met and bonded with after Sasha. We just clicked from the first moment we introduced ourselves. Now we were inseparable.

"Heeey Raven! Ready to hit the town?" She grabbed her purse and slung it over her shoulder, pulling the long strap to her opposite side and letting the bag rest against her hip.

"You bet I am! Let's go, before Sasha tries to lecture us on being late again." We both giggled at the mention of our friend's leadership instincts. Whenever there was hanging out to be done, Sasha became a worry wart while Alexa and I were extremely excited.

We ran downstairs to my room to grab my bag, then out to the parking lot to find our friend. She was standing behind her car tapping her foot and checking her watch.

"Finally, you're here!" Sasha looked very relieved. "I tried texting you both, but you wouldn't respond! Haven't you learned anything about being late?"

"Sorry, we had to grab my bag." I shrugged off the question, opening the door to the drivers seat. "I'll drive! Does the mall sound good for today?" By the happy faces, I assumed the answer to that question was a definite yes. Shopping was a usual way for us to pass our time together, and we always had so much fun.

After about a half hour drive and two hours shopping, all of our stomachs were growling. Bags in hand, we hurried over to the food court to get some lunch. There was a wide variety of places to eat at. Chick fil A, an Oriental place, a Mexican place, an ice cream shop- you name it, they had it.

"I think I'm going to get some Chinese food." Sasha's mouth was practically watering from the smell.

"I'm thinking Chick fil A over here." I smiled hungrily at the joint, licking my lips. "What about you Alexa?"

We heard no answer, so we had to break out of our food trances to look at her. She stood stiffly in place, smelling the air as if she was the hungriest person alive. I tapped her arm, but she didn't even flinch.

"Alexa, are you ok?" Sasha sounded worried. And apparently it was for good reason.

Alexa took off without us. She ran straight towards the exit of the mall with bounding leaps. I could only think of one thing it could be, but... it couldn't be that.

Sasha and I bolted after her. She was pretty fast, so she already had a huge lead on us. We were shouting after her things like "stop," and "what about lunch?" She made a sudden sharp turn to the left, and we lost sight of her briefly. When we caught up, she wasn't alone anymore.

A boy stood on the other side of the hallway, looking just as stiff and breathless as Alexa. His light brown hair fell gently on his forehead, and his eyes seemed to be locked on Alexa's. Sasha immediately knelt next to me, and when I didn't she tried to pull me down next to her.

"Kneel, Raven."

"Why? This doesn't seem so special to me!"

"Raven! He is your future Alpha. Kneel!"

I sunk to my knees. Alexa and this Alpha boy ran to each other suddenly, are making loving eye contact, and probably smelled each other's scents earlier. It could only mean that they were... mates.

I gulped slightly at my realization. Before the pair could get any more lovey dovey, I stood and ran back to the food court, unable to handle seeing them together.

I thought I would be able to have a great life free of the pain I suffered three years ago. I thought I could heal. I thought I could be happy for my friends when they found their mates. I didn't even think they would find their mates. I guess I was wrong.