Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

Chapter 6

I woke up with a jolt when I felt the presence of something weighing on my chest.

      My sleepy eyes slowly focused on the pale form of Casper, the youngest member of the clan. He was staring at me with big brown eyes and a goofy grin, showing off two missing front teeth.

      I laughed drowsily and rubbed my eyes. "What's going on, little guy?"

      Casper crossed his arms over his chest and huffed. "I'm not little," he whined, pouting like a five year old.

      I guess that was suiting, since he was a five year old.

      "Sorry, big guy," I corrected. "So are you going to tell me why you're sitting on me?"

       "Your daddy said you're supposed to be at school. He told me to wake you up, so you know what I did?"

      "You woke me up?" I guessed.

      "Yup!" Casper said proudly, puffing out his chest. "And I did it fast, too." 

       I chuckled. "That you did," I agreed. "So, uh, shouldn't you let me get up, then? You're kind of sitting on me."

      Casper shook his head indignantly. "You'll have to make me!" He announced, giggling not-so-subtly.

      I smirked and lifted both hands to his sides, wiggling my fingers threateningly. I hadn't even touched Casper before he squealed and jumped off of me, rolling off the bed and onto the floor with a thud.

      "You alright, litt—big—guy?" I asked, though I couldn't mask my laughter. "How about this: I'll buy you a toy later to make up for it," I offered.

       Casper jumped to his feet like a spring, his face glowing with excitement. "Really? Awesome!"

      I grinned. "Great. Make sure you remind me, though, kay? Now, I'm going to open the blinds, so you're going to have to leave, alright?"

      Casper nodded and scurried out of the room. He hadn't made the Trade yet, so he couldn't be in the sunlight. Most vampires didn't make the decision until they were ten or older, if they made the decision. Casper, as well as the other young vampires in our clan, was homeschooled, and would be until he made the Trade—that is, if he chose to.

       I made it at eight, which was pretty early. But, hey, I know what I want.

     I quickly got ready for school, skipping a shower and throwing on dark jeans, a white sweater, and brown boots. I  had to admit, the outfit was a little too mainstream for my usual taste, but they were the first items I grabbed. I can be basic for a day, sue me.

       I quickly brushed my teeth, grabbed my bag, and raced downstairs to the kitchen. The clock there told me that first period started thirty minutes ago, so I skipped a drink and raced to my car and then to the school.

     I didn't normally care too much about school. I got good grades, just from being naturally smart, so there wasn't much to worry about. I could skip classes or be late every now and again.

      But I'd literally skipped half the school day just earlier this week. Contrary to popular belief, I did want to go to a decent college and get a nice job. Did I need to? Absolutely not; I had everything that I needed. But I was ambitious, and wouldn't settle for being comfortable. I needed to be satisfied, and I wouldn't be until I knew I'd done something with my life.

      When I opened the door to my first period, Mrs....Garrison? Garlic? Do I care?

Nah.