FOREVER

in chemistry today, we were studying endothermic and exothermic & all i could think about was exo exo exo exo

smh, im so gonna fail chemistry this year
________

jungkook focus
jungkook tries to focus, tries to rent out bicycles, tries to prepare a picnic, tries to convince taehyung to go out with him.
but everything goes to waste. his date plans for today, going into the trash.

firstly, the weather was shit. it rained non-stop throughout the whole day - no way would the two be able to bike alongside each other, down a park like jungkook had envisioned. no way would they be able to warm their freezing hands by drinking hot cocoa with the rain beating down against them. besides taehyung refused to go out in the rain when he was just about recovering from his cold.

jungkook sits against his dorm window and looks out to the campus, left knee jiggling up and down with tension.

today was supposed to be perfect. it was the second to last day before taehyung would make his decision and he wanted to desperately desperately make today a good day, wanting to make up for the unforgettable ramen date stand up.

but the clouds had other thoughts, all day the rain poured down heavily and beat against the ground - turning it into a brown sludge like mess.

sighing, jungkook looks over his shoulder to see taehyung relaxed on his bed, watching netflix whilst rubbing his nose every once in a while.

he turns away and sighs again. the miserable rain accompanying his darkening mood.

he also fretted over the fact that his mom was remarrying tomorrow. only today does reality hit him hard; tomorrow he'd get a stepfather, a stepsister, he'd have to converse with family and sit freezing in his expensive suit and try not to get wet from the rainfall.

he sighs once more, heavily.

taehyung notices this and closes his laptop, sitting up and rubbing his nose again.
"what up with you?" he queries, pulling his earbuds out his ears and winding his earphones into neat loops.

"nothing." jungkook murmurs.

taehyung rolls his eyes at this, "clearly something is up." taehyung pauses before venturing, "is it maybe the wedding tomorrow?"

jungkook hums in response. "and also because my date plans failed today."

"hm? date plans?" taehyung questions with a small smile, wanting the younger to liven up. he walks over to the window sill and sits on the edge with jungkook.

"a bike ride through the park and having a mini picnic."

"in january?" taehyung smiles.

"yeah - stupid january weather." jungkook grumbles. "now there's no date plans for today."

"s'ok." taehyung tries to console but jungkook still frowns.
he tries something, "we can always do something fun in here."

jungkook looks over his shoulder at their messy and small dorm, "oh really?"

"mhm!" taehyung says enthusiastically. he jumps off the window sill and grabs his laptop, switching it on again and heading over to his music, picking a playlist.
jungkook watches on, curious and appreciating the older's efforts to try and lighten the mood.

slow music starts to play, the sound of rain pattering against the window accompanying the soft music.
[a/n: idk but im thinking of day6 'congratulations' as the song, hm. but choose whatever song you think will fit :))]

taehyung walks to the middle of the room and beckons jungkook to stand up. with a groan, jungkook heaves himself from off the chair and walks over to taehyung.

the latter outstretches a hand and with a nod of his head, motions for jungkook to take his hand. the younger does so and taehyung pulls him in close, wrapping his other hand around the back of jungkook's neck. jungkook's other hand automatically goes to taehyung's waist.

"at a wedding you're meant to slow dance right?" taehyung asks, resting his head against jungkook's shoulder. "or am i just making this up?" he laughs softly.

the younger's previous tension and troubling thoughts disappear.
"mm, it doesn't matter, im enjoying myself." jungkook laughs against taehyung's ear.

taehyung smiles to himself; the younger had finally cracked a smile. "glad you're enjoying it."

taehyung hums along to the song, closing his eyes and letting himself relax against jungkook's hold.

jungkook plans were a fail - the rain sucked, he didn't get to take taehyung out and impress him, he didn't get to express what a good boyfriend he'd be, but that's okay.
because right now, taehyung's slow dancing with him, his face pressed against his shoulder and humming quietly.

the moment just seems so ethereal to jungkook.

it's right then and there when jungkook feels a sudden pang in his chest. he realises that he want taehyung to say yes tomorrow, he really really wants it. he wants taehyung to sleep besides him for however long, he wants to continue to tease the older and make him blush, he wants to continue giving him forehead kisses, wants to continue the little dates that make taehyung smile, wants to continue holding him and dancing with him. he wants all this to last forever.

but, jungkook breaths out through his mouth audibly, that's only possible if taehyung says yes tomorrow.