F o u r t e e n

Adrien reached into his pocket and Marinette glanced over at his hand. Out of the blue, the room went dead quiet. It was so quiet to the point where you could hear a pin drop; everyone stared at the couple. The bluenette began to feel a bit uncomfortable, but she managed to stay calm anyways.

The model pulled out a small box. The box was shiny and silver, gold embroidered with a company brand. Everyone continued to watch in anticipation.

"Marinette.." his cheeks were flushed and he looked lovingly into her bluebell eyes. "Will you.."

He opened the box, taking her hand. "Engage me?"

Her heart seemed to have skipped a beat. Happily, she said, "O-Of course, A-Adrien."

Adrien slipped the ring onto Marinette's ring finger and she noticed that he already had his own equipped. Crying joyful tears, she jumped into his muscular arms as the crowd cheered and clapped for the newly engaged couple.

Alya sobbed, tears freely streaming down her cheeks. "My.. ship.. has.. sailed.." Nino let his girlfriend cry into his chest. "There, there, Alya."

After about an hour of celebrating their engagement, Adrien checked the clock, the timing showing that it was one a.m.

"Mari, we need to get back to the dorm." He gently nudged his new, but tired fiancée.

"Why? I'm not tired." She yawned, turning to Adrien with visibly droopy eyes.

"Your eyes; you're clearly yawning. Let's go." He tugged her arm, but she still refused to go back to the dorm.

"Adrien, I can stay up longer. If you're going back because of me, I'm not gonna fall asleep." Marinette shook her head, but her fiancé reassured her, saying, "No, it's one a.m, that's all."

Before she could say anything, he said, "Don't be sorry, the man should be sorry anyways." Marinette frowned and cleared her throat.

"That's not the way I treat men. I don't treat them like a sponge that soaks up all my rants; they shouldn't be sorry. Women should also take accountability and have no deniability for their actions." Marinette explained to the blond haired boy.

"You suddenly got smart." Adrien teased, making the shorter girl playfully nudge him in response.

There was a long silence following his comment and Marinette turned to see Kim, Alya, and Nino behind her.

"Come on, guys! Join us in spin the bottle again!" Kim seemingly begged the newly engaged couple. "You guys get to kiss! Doesn't that sound pleasing?!"

"Yeah, let's go." Marinette stifled a nervous laugh, looking away from the couple and the ecstatic popular boy.

Adrien took Marinette's hand and they both quickly exited the party. They navigated their way across the college campus and into the hall where their dorm was located.

The model grabbed the key and attempted to unlock the door. Nothing occurred and he tried again, but nothing happened, not a single budge or push of the entrance.

"It won't budge!" He yelled in visible frustration.

"Here, let me try." His fiancée offered, beckoning for him to move out of the way.

Marinette tried once and nothing happened. She tried twice and nothing again. She tried three times; still nothing. That was when the lightbulb in her head lit up with an idea.

"Wait, we could both use both of our body weights to budge open the door." She smiled in satisfaction. He thought about it for a moment, but then agreed to her plan.

"Alright, on three." Adrien looked intently at the door.

"One.."

"Two.."

"Three!"

He gently nudged Marinette forward and she, with ease, budged open the door. The door swung open and they both easily lost their balance. The door suspiciously and almost immediately shut behind them as they laid on top of each other unintentionally in the entryway.

Adrien was on top of Marinette, making her blush a dark red. He chuckled, got up, and held out his hand to help her up.

"Falling head over heels for me now, M'Lady?" The blond haired boy cheekily smiled, but Marinette stood up, pulled his tie, and came face to face with him.

"I already have." She suddenly pulled him into a kiss. Adrien took a few seconds to adjust, but he sunk into their passionate, intimate kiss.

"You're so sneaky, Bugaboo."

"You don't say, Kitty?"

For the night, they slept in Adrien and Nino's bedroom. Marinette decided to sleep with Adrien in his bed, as he was much comfier and warmer in comparison to sleeping alone.

"Goodnight, my fiancée." He pecked her on the cheek.

"Goodnight, my kitten." Marinette buried her face in Adrien's cordial chest.

And like that, they both fell asleep peacefully.