Chapter 2

We stayed at Keith's house till morning, when Shiro woke up. Shiro had walked outside and Keith followed him while we stayed in the living room. After a few minutes they came back, with Keith saying he had to show us something. He pulled down a sheet on the wall reveling a board with pictures and a map pinned to it.
"What have you been working on?" Shiro asked.
"I can't explain it really. After getting booted from the Garrison I was kinda lost and found myself drawn to this place. It's like some energy was telling me to search." Keith answered.
"For what?"
"Well I didn't really know... Till I stumbled across this area." Keith said and pointed to the middle of the map where it was circled.
"It's an outcropping of giant boulders with caves that have have ancient markings. Each tells a slightly different story about a blue lion, but they all lead to the same event, some arrival happening last night. Then, you showed up." Keith explained.
"I should thank you all for getting me out. Lance right?" Shiro said, while walking to where Lance was standing next to me and offered him a hand. Lance reached out to shake his hand but hesitated as he was going to shake the cyborg hand, but shook it. He then held his hand out to me.
"I'm Korra." I said and shook his hand. The hand was hard, and slightly cold.
"The nervous guy's Hunk. I'm Pidge." Pidge said and shook Shiro's hand.
"So, did anyone from your crew make it out?" Pidge asked. Why is Pidge so obsessed with the crew?
"I'm not sure. I remember the mission and getting captured. After that's, it's just bits and pieces."
"Yeah sorry to interrupt but back to the aliens. Where are they? Are they coming? Are they coming for us? Where are they at this very moment." Hunk cut off Shiro, and talking fast.
"I can't put it together, I remember the word Voltron. It's some kind of weapon they're looking for. But I don't know why. What ever it is, we need to find it before they do." Shiro said seriously.
"Well last night I was going though Pidge's stuff and I found this picture." Said Hunk rummaging through Pidge's bag and pulled out a picture of Pidge with a girl.
"Look it's his girlfriend." Hunk chuckled.
"Hey give me that! What were you doing in my stuff?" Pidge grabbed the picture and his bag from Hunk.
"I was looking for a candy bar, anyway I started reading his diary."
"What?"
"Hunk you don't read other people's diary." I scolded.
"I noticed the repeating numbers looked the aliens are looking for looked at like a Fraunhofer line."
"Frown. Who?" Keith asked
"It's a number describing the emission spectrum of a element. Only this element doesn't exist on earth. So I thought it might be Voltron. I think I can build a machine to look for it like a Voltron Geiger counter." Hunk explained.
"Hunk, you big, gassy genius!" Lance said.
"It's pretty fascinating really. The wavelength looks like this." Hunk pulled out a piece of paper with a wavy line drawn on it.
"Give me that." Keith said and ripped it out Hunk's hand. Keith the looked at the picture of the boulders and held up the paper to it. The wavelengths matched the boulders.
~~~
Now, we're all standing in front of the boulders. Hunk is carrying the little machine he made, while Pidge held a small satellite connected to it.
"Okay. I admit it, this is super freaky." Lance said, making me raise an eyebrow at him.
"I'm getting a reading." Hunk said and started walking, with the machine beeping. We followed behind him, till we reached one of the caves that the machine was going crazy.
We all walked into the cave and saw the markings Keith was talking about on the walls.
"What are those?" Shiro asked.
"These are the lion carvings I was telling you about." Keith answered. Lance walked over to one and brushed the dirt off. Then it started to glow a blue light, all of them did. Which caused Lance to freak out.
"Whoa."
"They've never done that before."
Then the ground started to glow and crack under us.
"Oh no." I said.
Then the ground broke, making us all scream. We started sliding down a water slide and landed in a giant puddle of water at the bottom. I groaned when I landed on my back. I sat up, rubbing my back in pain, when a hand appeared in front of me. I looked up to see Keith offering me a hand. I took his hand with a small blush and he helped me up.
"Thanks."
"Don't mention it." He said, his cheeks slightly pink.
I looked in front of us and gasped.
It was a giant blue robotic lion, surrounded by what seems like a force-field.
"Is this it? Is this Voltron?" Pidge asked as we all stood in a line looking at it.
"It must be." Shiro said.
"This is what's been causing all this energy out here." Keith said as he started walking towards it. We all followed behind him. As we were walking, Lance started walking in a zigzag.
"Lance what are you doing?" I asked.
"Does anyone else get the feel that this is staring at them?" He asked.
"No."
"Yeah the eyes are totally following me."
We reached the lion, and Keith started touching the force-field.
"I wonder how we get through this."
"Maybe you just have to knock." Lance said, making me roll my eyes. Lance went up and knocked on it. Only to have the force-field go down. The ground beneath it started to glow, with a wind blowing at us.
Suddenly a vision came to me. Six robotic lions flying towards the sky, and forming a giant robot.
"Whoa."
"Did everyone just see that?" Lance asked.
"Voltron is a robot! Voltron is a huge, awesome robot!" Hunk yelled.
"And this thing is only one part of it! I wonder where the others are." I exclaimed.
"This is what they're looking for." Shiro said.
"Incredible."
Suddenly the lion started to move, making me jump and Pidge and Hunk scream. It leaned down and opened its mouth, as if telling us to go inside.
Lance happily ran inside while the rest of us followed more slowly. Lance was sitting on a seat in front of a control panel. This stuff is not from Earth, this stuff is way more advanced, as practically everything is a hologram.
"Whoa." We all said in amazement.
"Okay guys I feel the need to point out, we are in some kind of futuristic alien cat head right now." Hunk said while making a cat face.
"Whoa do you guys just hear that?" Lance suddenly asked.
"Hear what?"
"I think it's talking to me." Lance leaned forward and started pressing buttons. The lion roared.
"Okay. Got it." Lance said as he pushed on the controls and lion started flying forward, breaking through the rock. Lance had it fly to the sky while doing a barrel roll, making us all scream(Hunk and Pidge) and lean to the side, which had me against Keith.
"YOU. ARE. THE. WORST. PILOT.EVER." Keith yelled. Suddenly rocket boosters came on making the screaming worse. The lion started running on the ground.
"Isn't this awesome?"
"Make it stop! Make it stop!" Poor Hunk said while looking green.
"I'm not making it do anything, it's like it's on autopilot." Lance said. Then the lion went into the air again, aiming for space.
"Where are you going?" Keith and I asked at the same time.
"I said it's on autopilot! It says an alien ship is approaching earth. I think we're supposed to stop it."
"What did it say exactly?" Pidge asked.
"It's not like it's saying words, it's feeding ideas in my brain." Lance said.
"Lance you just sound crazy." I said, Keith nodding.
"Well of this is the weapon they're coming for, why don't we just, I don't know give it to them? Maybe they'll leave us alone." Hunk said.
"You don't understand. These monsters spread like a plague in the galaxy through the galaxy, destroying everything in their path. There's no bargaining with them. They won't stop until everything is dead." Shiro explained. We all frowned at Hunk.
"Oh. Never mind then."
We made it to space. We were flying through, when a ship suddenly appeared in front of us. We all gasped.
"Holy crow, is that really an alien ship?" Hunk asked.
We flew to the side of the ship looking at it.
"They found me." Shiro said. Then it started shooting lasers at us.
"We've got to get out of here!"
"Hang on!" Lance started to fly the lion, barely missing the lasers.
"All right, okay, I think I know what to do." Lance said.
"Be careful man. This isn't a simulator." I yelled at him.
"Well that's good. I always wreck the simulator."
Lance then, somehow, shot a blue laser at the ship, making small explosions. He then flew to the side and used the claws to scratch the side, which made more explosions.
"Nice job Lance!"
"Okay, I think it's time to get these guys away from our planet." Lance said and began to fly away, with the ship following.
"Oh, no!"
"They're gaining on us!"
"It's weird. They're not shooting us, just chasing." Lance said.
"Okay, seriously, we think having aliens chase us is good?" Hunk asked.
"Where are we?" Keith asked.
"The edge of the solar system. That's Kerberos." Shiro said, pointing at the moon.
"It takes months for our ships to reach this far." Pidge said.
"We got out here in five seconds." I finished.
Suddenly a giant blue and black ring appeared.
"What is that?"
"This may seems crazy, but I think the lion wants us to go through." Lance said.
"Where does it go?"
"I don't know. Shiro, you're the senior officer here. What do we do?" Lance asked.
"Whatever is happening, the lion knows more then we do. I saw we trust it. But we're a team now, we should decide together." Shiro said. We all looked at each other and slightly nodded.
"Alright guess we're all ditching class tomorrow." Lance said and went through. We were going at such a high speed, it through me, Keith and Shiro against the wall. I blushed a bit when Keith managed to move his arm around me. We left the hole and I nearly fell to the ground if it wasn't for Keith's arm, I nodded my thanks to him.
"Whoa that was." Hunk cut off Lance by turning and throwing up making us all groan.
"So sorry." He said before turning back around to vomit more.
"I'm just surprised it took this long." Pidge said, adjusting his glasses.
"I don't recognize any of these constellations. We must be a long, long way from Earth." Shiro said.
"The lion seems to want to go to this planet." Lance said, pointing to the planet in front of us.
"I think it's going home." We flew to the planet. The front of the lion heating up and a red light surrounding it, as we entered the planets atmosphere. Then went through some clouds. All of this made us all lean forward against Lance's chair.
"Guys personal space. Hunk your breath is killing me."
"Um, is it just me or is anyone else having second thoughts about flying through a mysterious worm hole? Why are we listening to a robotic lion anyway?" Hunk asked.
"It got us away from that alien warships didn't it?"
"I don't know if you noticed, but we're in an alien warship." Keith pointed out.
"Oh are you scared?" Lance asked.
"With you at the helm? Terrified."
"All right. Knock it off. No one's happy to be in this situation, but we're here now. If we want to get through this we have to do it together." Shiro said.
"So what do we do?" Pidge asked.
"First we find out where we're headed. Lance?"
"I don't know. I'm sorry the lion's not talking to me. Wait, wait do you hear that?" We listened and headed a squealing noise.
"I'm hearing it too." Keith said.
"It's kinda of a high pitched squeal?" Hunk said. It got louder and louder until.
"Ugh Lance!" We all yelled, as the boy had the audacity to fart.
"But seriously there's a castle up ahead."
______________________________________
Woop Woop second chapter done!