Chapter 34 💝

David's POV

I came back after six months of exile granted by France. I arrived a week before my son's birthday. I temporarily didn't contact Livy so I could surprise her on the big day of our son.

I hope she won't throw plates and pillows on me once I show up.

I went to a pastry shop to order cupcakes for my son. I missed him so much. It pained me not seeing him for so long. I wanted to cuddle him and play with him. He was my precious gift from Livy. He was my treasure.

I wore casual clothes and a baseball cap so people wouldn't recognize me. As I was walking around, I saw France sitting outside a restaurant in one corner and he was feeding chocolate to a baby. My baby.

My eyes widen in happiness. He's so grown up. My little son.

I walked towards them and my son first saw me and he was calling me with his toothless grin.

France eventually noticed me and he had this neutral face. I nodded and smiled at him and I took a sweet glance to my son who was jumping giddily.

I quickly picked him up with my arms. I hugged him to my chest and I kissed his chubby cheeks.

I took a seat adjacent to France and my son was kicking his legs and arms in enjoyment.

"Hello my little monster! Daddy misses you so much." I told him while kissing his forehead.

I noticed France on his phone. I continued playing with my son but when I heard him saying her name, my heart stopped.

"Hi Livy? How are you doing there?"

"He has been very behave and always looking cute."

My half ear was listening to his conversation.

"We went out for a while. Ahm...We're at the park right now. Yeah!"

"Livy, we have to go now. I will tour this cute baby around."

France looked at me with his neutral face again. It was kind of intimidating.

****

The most awaited big Friday had finally come. France told me that the theme was animal zoo.

As soon as I got back to the hotel, I surfed the internet to find a suitable costume for the party. I was imagining what would Livy wear. I finally got an idea.

I was in front of her apartment door when I saw a delivery car parking along the way. The delivery man was carrying a two-layered-chocolate velvet cake.

"Excuse me. Is the delivery for Miss Olivia?"

"Yes, sir!"

"I'm her husband. I'll carry it inside."

He let me carry the cake and he rang the doorbell.

A blonde woman opened the door and she gasped.

Everyone was wearing his and her costumes and the house turned into a spectacular zoo with all the decorations.

"David, thank you for coming!" France faked a smile while patting my shoulders. He was scared of Olivia's reaction. I know.

"Thank you for inviting me. Where should I put the cake?" I asked while smiling at Livy. She was so sexy in her cavewoman costume. Hmmm...

"Let me." Another blonde short-haired girl offered.

I walked towards Livy and kissed her forehead before taking my son to my arms.

"Happy birthday, baby!" He was giggling cutely.