XVIII

lololol it's actually been so long you guys probably forgot all about this, i did anyway whoops
well partly that and when i remembered i realised i have no idea where this is going and what will happen sorry
alas moral of the story: plan your books before publishing kids

***

DRACO
{ a couple o' weeks after last chapter }

Draco's whole body shook as sobs escaped his gasping mouth, echoing around the bathroom at this late hour. His mental health had taken a poorly turn this year and it was obvious to all through his physical appearance as his skin was pale and dark circles formed under his dull sunken eyes. Dracos behaviour differed too, as he distanced himself from everyone appart from Harry, the only person who's company he longed for. But even then he and Harry had been forced in to secrecy leaving Draco with plenty of time to feel like a worthless, lonely, miserable failure to the point it was unbearable to cope with his thoughts.

Today was a perfect example of Draco's depressive state as he broke down in the bathroom after he had yet again failed to fix the cabinet and found out soon after that it was necessary that he would have to distance himself from Harry - the one person who brought him joy

These thoughts caused another wave of sobs as he whole body felt like it was drowning in hopelessness.

"Draco?"

Draco's gaze flicked up to the mirror with the hearing of Harry's concerned voice.

He turned around as Harry rushed towards him.

"What happened?"  Harry frowned shocked at how dreadful Draco looked, as though he was experiencing so many emotions at once that he was helpless.

"Please, just leave me." Draco turned back around and hung his head, gripping the sink turning his knuckles white.

Harry didn't understand what was happening. How could he as this was the first time speaking to Draco today. "I don't under-"

"I can't be with you anymore. Just go." Draco sighed in defeat.

"Why are you saying this?" Harry rested a comforting hand on his shoulder. Draco flinched and snapped his head around as he cried, "Don't touch me!"

Harry skittered back, none of this made  sense, everything was fine yesterday.

"If you don't go now i'll- i'll hex you." Draco said drawing out his own. Harry detected the worry and anger in his voice but refused to acknowledge the seriousness. "I don't care," he whispered as he took a step forward.

Draco's wand shot out a hex that missed Harry by mere inches and instead struck the lamp beside him, shattering it. Harry gasped and as an instinct drew out his own wand thinking "levicorpus!"

Draco blocked the spell and raised his wand crying out another curse. This missed as well, exploding the bin behind Harry.

Both the boys minds were foggy with thoughts that the sense that they were attempting to injure someone they had feelings for wasn't apparent.Instead they acted on instincts and adrenaline as they shot hex after hex.

Harry raised his wand to curse again as he slipped on the water. Malloy took this chance to cry "Cruci-'

The unforgivable curse went unfinished with Harry's roar of "SECTUMSEMPRA!"

The princes curse hit Draco as blood spurted from multiple wounds. He collapsed on the water logged floor as his body went limp.

Harry gasped "No-" as he staggered next to Draco and kneeled next to his head not paying mind to the blood he kneeled in.

"No- I didn't -" He whispered feeling tears stream down his face.

"What have I done?"