Chapter 48

"Ana! What are you talking about?" Francesca said. "My mum was with me this whole holiday...other than when she goes out...but not that night...I promise Ana, she was with me,"

"Chessie, why are you lying for her?" Anastasia sobbed. "Literally just admitted she's killed people!"

Bellatrix sighed. "Anastasia, I understand why you would have thoughts-"

"Mum!" Francesca said. "How do you understand this! She can't be serious!"

"I may not understand what your going through," Bellatrix said, ignoring her daughter. "But I know plenty of people who have been through this as well, but I can promise you, I have not hurt your family,"

"How d'you know them? Did you massacre their families too?" Anastasia said sarcastically, but she was still crying.

"Ana, let's go upstairs," Francesca, pulling Anastasia upstairs left Bellatrix sitting alone. Bellatrix sat down and but her hands on her head. She started to cry. Ever since she had Francesca, she had decided to start a new life, put her past behind her, but she was stupid enough to think it wouldn't come up and stab her in the back.

Bellatrix's owl flew into the room, it had a piece of parchment in its claws. "Thanks,"Bellatrix said quietly, stroking the birds head. "At least I can rely on you,"

Bellatrix took the parchment from the bird and opened it up carefully.

Dear Mrs Bellatrix Lestrange,

As your are aware, the tragic events involving the Ridgewater family were committed by professor Hankin, who has been sentenced to life in Azkaban. As happy as we are to get rid of such a horrible man, this leaves us short of a defence of the dark arts teacher. We are aware of your previous time in jail, however we have decided that, after careful deliberation, you would be able to fill the position.

Obviously this is optional, however we believe that it would be necessary for you to join the Hogwarts staff, if only for a term, until we can find a permanent replacement for professor Hankin.

Your sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall.

Bellatrix just sat there in shock. Hogwarts wanted the infamous Bellatrix Lestrange to teach? Obviously she had plenty of experience with the dark arts, she had used them many times herself. There was something in her that wanted to take the job, so she could protect Francesca from the evil that was rising.

Bellatrix had been going out almost every night, she'd been seeing a man called Hylo Maple, he had been working with a sort of cult, that wanted to bring the dark lord back. She had convinced Hylo that she was in love with him, but in reality she hated him more than anything else. His groups idea was to plant their ideas into a young person, a child, so that dark lords powers and mindset could be transferred into a new body.

But they wanted it to be someone who no one would suspect, someone innocent and pure, someone young, a child. Bellatrix got everything she wanted to know from Hylo, he was practically addicted to her, and as they slowly narrowed down their victim the more worried Bellatrix got. A little girl, in Hogwarts, first or second year, Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. That meant Francesca could be picked.

So obviously she wanted to protect her little girl, she had never met these people, apart from Hylo, so was going to do what it took. Even if it felt like she was going out as a slut every night.

Hermione wouldn't approve of her methods, but this didn't have anything to do with Hermione. Bellatrix had lost one child before, and she never would again.

So, even though she really had no interest in the job, Bellatrix replied to the headmistress, accepting the job to protect her daughter.

I know this part might be a bit farfetched...and some people might not understand it cuz that's happened before...

It's basically saying that there's a group of people trying to bring Voldemort back(or the closet thing possible) and the way they plan to do it is to restore his power in the body of a child, so it doesn't get caught as quickly.

Bellatrix is seeing one member to find out what's going on, even though she hates it, because she wants to protect Francesca.😘💜