7: Views of Both Eras

//1997

Third Person PoV

//

Sirius Black stared blankly at the clean wooden table in front of him. Dumbledore had called the Order to Hogwarts, in a hidden discussion room. Even Snape was here! Harry, Hermione, and Ron were going to be involved as well. Why? Because they had to explain Henrietta's disappearance.

A day had passed, and the remaining members of the Golden Quartet were panicking. They had no idea where Henrietta was, and Harry was the worst. He had already visited Dumbledore's office five times, checking for any news on his twin sister. Dumbledore hadn't told him the truth yet.

Sirius glanced up when several of the Order members entered the room. Snape stared in shock at the sight of Sirius, most likely because he had escaped from Hogwarts and Aurors two years ago. But Snape's surprise was quickly replaced with a hateful sneer as he restrained himself from strangling the Azkaban escapee.

Molly Weasley narrowed her eyes at the sight of Sirius, still suspicious, despite all the times they had met in Order meetings, and all the times Dumbledore had claimed he was innocent.

"Is everyone here?" Dumbledore queried, standing from his seat at the front of the oval-shaped table. After one last intent glance around the room, the Headmaster nodded. "Good. I have news on Henrietta."

"Albus, I've heard that Henrietta is missing," Molly murmured softly. "Is this true?"

"Yes," Dumbledore answered shortly.

"Do you know where she is?" Harry asked immediately.

"Yes," Dumbledore replied once more. To the left of Sirius, he felt Remus' eyes on him. When he glanced over to his best friend, the werewolf gave a small smile and turned back to Dumbledore.

"Henrietta was hit with an ancient spell over 24 hours ago," the elderly wizard explained. "She was defending Sirius from Aurors. As many of you know, Sirius is innocent."

Sirius smiled slightly when no one argued.

"What was the spell?" Hermione asked hesitantly.

"Tempore tribulationis," Dumbledore recited. No one but Sirius, Dumbledore, and Snape seemed to recognize the spell.

Snape paled drastically. "Albus, surely you are not implying what I think you are."

"What?" Harry asked frantically. "What does that spell do?"

Dumbledore's gaze swept over the occupants of the room, pausing on Sirius and Remus.

"Tempore tribulationis is an old spell that sends a person through time," he began elaborating. "Henrietta is all right. She is faring well, and I know when and where she is right now."

Sirius avoided Remus' gaze as comprehension dawned on the werewolf's face.

"No way...." Remus whispered softly.

"So where is she?!" Harry demanded impatiently.

"1976," Sirius muttered.

Harry blinked in surprise. "But that's when you guys were--" He went silent. "You knew her?"

"Yes," Sirius answered simply. Meanwhile, Remus was still in shock.

Everyone's eyes landed on the two remaining Marauders, waiting for more details. Near the end of the table, Snape was rendered speechless. He certainly wasn't the only one, but it was surprising to see such a collected man be so surprised.

Remus stared with wide eyes at the surface of the table in front of him. He recalled the big things about Renley --Henrietta? -- as he realized just who she was. Who would have known that the lavender-haired girl happened to be their best mate's daughter from the future?