8: Nice Invisibility Cloak, Dumbass

//

1976

Henrietta/Renley's PoV

//

Five more days have passed, which means it's been approximately seven days since I've traveled back in time. It seems I get along very well with the Marauders, which obviously makes me happy. I haven't talked with Lily much, but we share a dorm. She's nice for the most part, but she seems to get riled up easily when it comes to the topic of rule breaking.

It's September 7th. And guess what? Tomorrow is also the full moon. And although I'd love to help the Marauders with Remus' transformation, I can't. Well, unless I want to give away my cover. Which would be a really bad idea.

I would love to brew a Wolfsbane potion, but I don't have the supplies, I'm horrible at creating potions, AND I wouldn't be able to make it in time. And as far as I know, there's no Wolfsbane potions available at Hogwarts. If there's some in Hogsmeade, it'd be too expensive. Plus, the Hogsmeade weekends haven't begun yet.

And now? I feel completely and utterly useless.

I sighed in pity as I spotted the Marauders ambling into the Great Hall. Poor Remus was swaying ever so slightly, looking pale, clammy, and very ill. The other three put on a brave front, obviously not wanting to draw attention to themselves, and to remain strong for Remus.

I quickly shook my head, ridding my mind of thoughts. I need to stop acting so... knowledgeable! I might start making people suspicious.... Then again, James is already suspicious.

"Hey guys," I greeted once they sat down at the Gryffindor table. I made no comment about Remus' condition, because I'm sure he gets it way too often.

"Hey, Renley," Remus muttered, digging into his breakfast rather quickly for someone who would be turning into a wolf against their will tomorrow night.

James and Sirius gave their hello's as well, then began eating breakfast. I followed their lead, not bothering to join the conversation. I was busy thinking of ways to help Remus.

"Hi guys," came the soothing voice of Lily Evans. James instantly perked up, nearly falling out of his seat, to all of our amusement.

"Why hellooo, dear Lily flower," James greeted, trying to regain composure after nearly falling off his chair.

Lily rolled her eyes, then turned to me. "I was going to ask if--"

"YES!" James shrieked. "YES! I'd love to go on a date with you, Lily-kins."

Lily huffed. "I wasn't asking you, Potter!" I snickered quietly. "Renley, I was wondering if you might be able to help me with something."

I quirked an eyebrow curiously. "Uh, okay sure. What is it?"

"I don't wanna tell you just yet. But I have to tutor someone tonight, and we have a lot of assignments tomorrow. How about tomorrow night?" she queried. She was completely oblivious to the way the Marauders tensed.

"Oh, uh...." I gulped, avoiding eye contact with the others. "Well... depends on where we'll be--"

"Great! We can hang out at Hogsmeade--ooh! And there's this wonderful hiding spot I found last year, by the Black Lake. It's really pretty at night time. We can go there tomorrow night."

"I-I don't really think--"

"Thanks, Renley!" Lily grinned, then turned back to her conversation with someone I believe is Alice.

"Whoop-de-fucking-do," I muttered, hiding my face in my hands.

Meanwhile, I noticed the Marauders were exchanging nervous glances. I mentally rolled my eyes. Seriously, how much more obvious could they get?