[ Chapter 03 ]

☆☆☆

☆☆☆

You woke up with a slight headache. Sleeping in a bed was something you weren't used to anymore and it felt you were asleep for hours. You got up and gathered a new, fresh uniform and went to the bathroom to take a shower.

After you showered, you cleaned up the room for a bit. Something you always did. You couldn't stand filth, the thought of it made your skin crawl. When you were younger, you had no control when it came to hygiene. The Underground was utterly disgusting.

Throwing your old and dirty clothes from the day before away, you felt like a weight was pushed off of you. You were back inside the walls, with people, with a roof over your head. Something you hadn't had in a long while.

You put your cloak and knife in the drawer together with the clothes you wore that night and shut it. You stretched a little bit before deciding to take a short little walk around campus.

●●●

Fuck, you forgot how loud some people were. Your deadly eyes stared right before you as you saluted, ignoring any lost and nervous gazes around you. A girl with blonde hair in a low ponytail stood next to you, doing exactly the same.

Many found Keith Shadis an intimidating man, however you knew better than that.

He strolled down the line of young teenagers, searching for new victims, like a hunter and its pray. He walked right past you and the others in your line. When he made eye contact with you, his eyes widened and gave you a small nod. He passed you and nodded into your direction before focusing on his new victim.

He stopped in front of a boy with two toned hair. Shadis bent over to look the poor guy in the eyes. "Who the hell are you?!"

The boy tightened his salute. "I'm Jean Kirschtein from Trost, sir!" Jean introduced himself. "What are you here for?!" The commander of the trainees spat back at him.

The boy looked confused before smiling an awkward smile at the bald man. "To join the Military Police Brigade and reside in the Inner District, sir." His eyes started to shake from the lack of response from the man.

"I see. So you wanna live in the Inner District?" The man asked him in a somewhat gentler way. "Yes, sir!" Jean's reply caused Shadis to headbutt him in the head, hard.

Jean fell to the ground on his knees, holding his head as leaned against the ground. Shadis didn't move away from the boy. "Who gave you permission to sit?! If you can't handle that, you'll never make it into the Military Police Brigade!" Shadis screamed at him before going to someone else.

You enjoyed that seen just a tiny bit too much. The Military Police was full of pigs, only doing the bare minimum to protect the people.

You sighed, tapping your foot on the ground impatiently. This was taking way too long.

●●●

When you arrived back at your dorm, you heard multiple people talking. You closed the door behind you, walking directly to your side of the room.

Two girls, a short blonde and a taller brunette stopped talking. The blonde girl put on a bright smile before walking straight to you. "Hi there, we didn't see you at dinner! It's nice to meet you!" She says happily, sticking her hand out for you to shake.

You look at it weirdly, ignoring the gesture. "Who are you?" The shorter girl laughed awkwardly, pulling her hand away. "U-uhm, my name is Christa, this is Ymir and that is Sasha" she pointed to a bed where the potato girl was passed out on. "What's yours?"

"[Y/N]" You said, staring at her blankly. You turned around

"Man, what's her problem" you heard Ymir grumble to Christa. You sighed, turning on the shower. No one said interacting with people would be this hard after so long of being alone. You dried yourself off and put on your sleeping clothes. Walking back to the room with the towel on your shoulder, you saw that Ymir and Christa had gone to bed.

A guy yelling was heard, a second later a black haired girl walked into the room. Her face was familiar. Had you seen it before? She greeted Christa and Ymir before going to her bed. Her bed was above yours, since it was the only one that wasn't preoccupied yet.

"Boy trouble, huh Mikasa?" You heard Ymir say before she started snickering. "Oh no, that was Eren, my step-brother" She denied softly, brushing her hand through her hair. "He seems like an asshole" Ymir added. The black-haired girl just shrugged before changing into her sleepwear.

You climbed under your bedsheets, staring at the bottom of the bed above you. You heard the girl chatting happily as you sighed and turned to the wall, closing your eyes. You could at least try to get some sleep before the first day of training. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all?

☆☆☆