Bad news

"My Lord, we've got very important, bad news.", the werewolf entered the big dark room Voldemort had claimed.

They were staying at the Malfoy's, much to their dismay and Voldemort had found himself the room with the least windows and claimed it.

Fenrir had his furry hands folded behind his back as he waited for his Dark Lord's response "What is it, Greyback? They never send you unless they're sure the news would get them killed."

That was true. Fenrir was terrified, but he knew his Lord liked him and would therefore accept the information without harming him in the process.

"Avery go' attacked. 'e was so close to catching Potter, the Mudblood and the Blood Traitor, but there was someone with 'em. A third boy. 'e was quick and stunned Avery before 'e could mouth the spell. They say they've never seen anything like 'im. Nonverbal spell cast before they 'ad the chance to blink."

Voldemort gritted his yellow teeth. He wasn't going to show his anger. He wasn't going to show he was fazed. He'd sent his best Death Eaters to the forest where he knew they'd be.

"Was it an Auror?" Voldemort asked, his voice calm and icy.

"No, my Lord. 'e looked just a little bit older than Potter and his gang."

"We must catch this boy" Voldemort had felt the pain. The distinguishable pain of a part of his soul crumbling to pieces. There was no way anyone knew about these horcruxes. The Boy Who Lived and his two useless companions were getting too close.
What about that boy? What was he doing there? Who was he? Did he have something to do with the horcrux?

"We must catch this boy as soon as possible!"

"Yes, My Lord."

****
Ron  PoV

With the horcrux destroyed, everyone's mood improved. They didn't have to bear this locket around their necks anymore and there were only four horcruxes left.

All their moods improved, except Ron's.

Riddle was getting too close. First saving Ron himself and then destroying the freaking horcrux, he was making himself more beloved by the second.
Acting all innocent and well-meaning.

But Ron could see through it all. He was still a snake, heir of the Guy-of-snakes himself. He'd killed many people and manipulated Ron's own sister in the her first year with all his charm and ability to talk people into trusting him.

Ron was mostly worried about what the three Voldy-heads jumping into Riddle's body like it was the deepest muggle swimming pool he'd seen.

Was that just for effects? A sort of "Farewell, till next horcrux. Have a nice ride home"?
If that was it, it sure wasn't inviting.
Or did it mean part of the part of Voldemort's soul that was in the locket found its homeland in Riddle?

He couldn't keep these smart ideas all to himself, so the moment Harry stepped out of the tent, he bombarded him with these questions and theories.

"I don't know, Ron. He's still knocked out. Hermione is all cheery for some reason." Harry looked like he wanted to say more. Ron couldn't possibly imagine what it was like for him. His worst enemy, the monster that killed his parents and forbade him to have a normal childhood, was just a few feet away. Sleeping in the same tent, but a bit younger and completely oblivious to what he's done in another life.

"You alright, mate?" Ron missed their old life. Sure, it wasn't normal back then either, but he still missed it. The beautiful meals in the morning after an all-nighter of fighting off teachers with faces at the back of the head or saving innocent prisoners or reading through endless books to find out how the bloody hell Harry was supposed to breathe under water for one hour. Even stalking Malfoy on the Marauder's map was better than this.

He wanted to back to his bed in the dorms and listen to the constant quarrels of Seamus and Dean or the long babbles about Herbology Neville would provide when they couldn't sleep.

"Yeah, I'm great." Harry was sarcastic. There was nothing new there, but now he just sounded exhausted -no teasing.

Ron raised an eyebrow at him "I know things haven't been peachy..." What could he say to improve this? "But we've got one horcrux less to worry about!"

"Yeah and one Riddle-getting-his-memory-back more to worry about!" Harry stood up from where he was sitting next to Ron and started pacing back and forth.
"It's like an endless circle. Every time we think we have him, he comes back. Of course, now we know why and how to stop him, but how the bloody hell am I supposed to do that? Dumbledore just left me like that! Of course, I have you guys and I'm really thankful for it, but I still can't do this. I never complain and I used to praise myself for that. With the he Dursley's I learned to hold it all in, but I can't anymore.

I try and I try, but I'm just tired now. If Voldemort shows up here tonight, I don't think I'll put up much of a battle. If I did, it would be for those who died because of me, but honestly I'm tired of dealing with this." Harry was on the verge of crying now.

Ron had never, ever seen him like that. Never in his worst moments. Harry Potter was having a breakdown. Maybe it's the whole "Harry Potter with the lightening scar" that's making this so pressuring for him. Not to mention that a whole army of Death Eaters was after him!

Ron stood up and walked to where Harry was standing, rubbing his temples with his eyes closed.

"Hey, mate. We'll get through this. We always do." Ron said in his softest tone putting his hands on Harry's shoulders.

Harry looked up at him and in almost a whisper he asked "What if we don't making it this time?"

Ron rarely engaged in man-hugs, but he knew Harry needed it so he embraced him and tried to soothe him while he felt his friend shake in his arms.

Perhaps not all their moods had improved.