Chapter forty-two

Hello guys...

Follow on Instagram : InfinitePeaceXx

Twitter : InfinitePeaceXx

This chapter is dedicated to ( well don't worry I'll dedicate it later on ) !! So yeah, it was Cutex_Lightning as she was the second one who commented!

Happy reading ^^

•••••••••

I hugged him from behind and when he tried to pull away, I tightened my hold on him and pressed my face in between his shoulder blades.

"Leave me, Shelly! I know that you want to leave me too. Just go", he whispered slowly, but I could sense that he was holding himself from crying.

"No, I don't want to leave you, Max. I can't leave you. Never! I really like you, Max. Not just as a friend but more than that. I like you", I began sobbing and when I realized what I uttered in a hurry, I squeezed him tightly to avoid from letting him see me. I'm afraid. Why did I say that? He wasn't saying anything. Why?

"I - I really like you, M -Max! I don't wanna l- leave you.", I said in between sobs but I loosened my hold on him when his body went stiff.

He would never like me back. Why did I have to tell him that? Why?

I turned around to walk away when he did not say anything but a hand seized my left shoulder.

"I like you too, Shelly but just as a friend. I'm sorry", he apologized and I broke down. I couldn't help it. I just made a fool out of myself. I broke down in front of him. I was indeed true about my feelings for him though. All these kisses meant nothing for him. He was just playing me all these time. Just like his so called ex-girls. Hats off to him! He managed to play with my heart and break it into pieces. I, Shelly Jessica Anderson has been played and crushed by Max Jackson. The guy whom I had to avoid at all cost but he broke those damn walls I had surrounding my heart. All these feelings came crashing down and my chest grew tight with an agonizing pain which fell all new to me. My first heartbreak. All my doubts. Everything. All these were just lies to him.

I abruptly sunk down to my knees on the ground, not caring that Max was watching me like a hawk. This was of course not new to him. I don't know how many hearts he usually breaks everyday and those girls crying means nothing to him. He must be enjoying my plight right now. 

I needed air, everything around me felt like it was closing in on me. My heart was rapidly beating in my chest. I tried taking gulps of air but nothing was working. Suddenly, more tears started pouring out, but I covered my eyes, trying to conceal my tears.

"Shit, Shelly!", he cried frantically and shook my shoulders but I pushed him away.

"Go away!", I yelled at him but he hugged me despite my urges for him to get away from him. 

In spite of my punches, he kept holding me to him and caressing my hair in a soothing manner but I couldn't help my chest from tightening in despair again. Maybe, this is how break downs feel like. This is how Aubrey felt when Ethan, her ex-boyfriend, left her and since that day, she hasn't been able to forget him and move on.

"Shelly, listen to me! I was only kidding!", Max shouted and pulled at his hair in frustration.

When I looked at his amused face, all came crashing down on me. Sneaky bastard! He was joking around and I just made a real fool out of myself. I swiped at my tear stained cheeks, glared at him and pouted annoyingly. I was speechless. Who jokes like that?