Five

A.N Just wanna say thank you guys for the reads and votes so far.

-Emma x

-------------------------------------

So it's transformation day for Steve and all through the night I haven't been able to sleep. I am just so scared that the whole thing will go wrong. Sure Howard Stark is helping and I do trust Erskine, but anything could go wrong, right?

At about 9am, a car was waiting outside for me, Peggy and Steve to go to a secret place in a normal shop. The lady that works there is an Agent and we have to tell her a 'password' so to speak, to get in. Don't worry I know it. Although I had to keep it written on my hand for a while so I could remember it.

"I know this neighbourhood." Steve said cutting me from my daydreaming. "I got beat up in that alley." he said pointing to an alley way. I sighed remembering that moment. "And that parking lot. And behind that diner"

"Did you have something against running away?" Peggy asked trying to lighten the mood.

Steve shook his head. "You start running, they'll never let you stop. You stand up, you push back. They can't say no forever, right?" I smiled to myself as I told him those exact words a year ago. I can't believe he remembered it.

"I know a little of what that's like, to have every door shut in your face." Peggy said. Think we've all been through that, even me.

"I guess I just don't know why you'd want me to join the army." I shook my head and turned round.

"Cause you're a good man at heart, Steve. We need more people like you" I smiled at him and he smiled back making my insides turn. Wait, why are my insides turning at his smile? Okay, this is weird.

After a while we arrived at the store and got out. I went first as I was the one saying the password. I saw some guys standing outside that look weird so I kept an eye on them.

"What are we doing here?" Steve asked standing next to me.

"Follow me" I said before entering the store with Steve and Peggy close behind. An old woman came from the back and smiled at me.

"Wonderful weather this morning, isn't it?" She asked. (see that is the security question)

"Yes it is, but I always carry an umbrella" I smirked as she walked to press a button under the desk. I smirked at Steve before leading them round the back and in front of a wall of books. We stood there for about a second before the wall of books opened to reveal a secret army place behind it. Steve was in awe of it all. It was cute. Okay, why am I saying this? Do I like Steve? No, I can't. Can I?

Peggy cut me off by starting to walk foreword. She walked on Steve's right as I walked on his left. I nodded at some security soldiers before we entered a large room at the end with Dr Erskine and Howard Stark inside. I was internally screaming because it was THE Howard Stark, but had to keep it cool.

All around the room there were big metal things with buttons and lights on them, and in the middle, was where Steve was to be injected with the serum. I took a deep breathe as I looked at it and everyone turned to look at us. I turned to Steve and saw the worried look on his face. His face was actually really cute. Steve looked at me and noticed me staring. I turned away quickly and started descending down the stairs along with Peggy.

I smiled at Dr Erskine and he smiled at me. "Good morning" He said shaking Steve's hand before a flash went off. Stupid camera people. "Please, not now" Erskine complained making the guy walk away.

Steve then turned and took a closer look at the capsule. It was big and green with loads of wired going into it. It had a glass window where the face would be so we could check if he was okay.