Ch 60: The Night Terror Myth

A/N: longer than normal ch but IMPORTANT ONE. LOL

...also weirdly serious karma...

~~

lola POV:

this place was amazing, like a palace I would see in the movies

winding stairs and stone halls that seemed to never end, it was creepy here, but also really cool and Karma was with me so thats good.

but it did feel like we were being watched, "caramel Karma, is this really the devils home?"

The red head nodded, "yeah...axel and i used to chill with Lulu before Axel and I had that falling out thanks to leila."

"oh...its nice here...but a little scary."

"you slept with axel sweetness, nothings much scarier than that."

I giggled a bit, pulling squishy toward me, "well maybe sleeping with the burnt cookie devil?"

"maybe."

I peered in the open doorways as we passed by them, walking higher and higher in the castle.

My breath caught and I paused as we walked by one in the highest point of the castle, about to cross a bridge to the next wing.

It was a huge bedroom, covered in black and silvery materials. A bed that looked like it could easily fit 12 people was on a raised dais in the center.

Without even sparring Karma a glance I walked inside, pushing the heavy door fully open with a loud creek, "wow.."

"shit. lola wait a sec-"

With a squeal i ran straight to the bed jumping into the thick velvets, furs, and silks. "can this be my room?!"

Karma walked up to the bed slowly, "no lola, get out of that bed."

I frowned, "why? with a little improvement this wold be perfect, all we have to do is replace the icy black with pink. pink and silver is prettier."

He blanched, "you cannot turn the devils bedroom pink, sweetness, you shouldn't even be in here."

I rolled around a few times on it, "but its so comfy...besides burnt cookie isn't home."

"but leviathan likes his things to be left alone. and you don't want to make him mad lola."

Sighing dramatically, I rolled off the bed, and kept rolling till i fell off the dais.

Then i sat up and scooted over a bit before lying down and rolling over to Karma, lifting my arms toward him when he looked down at me, "carry me."

Laughing a bit he carried me from the room.

"caramel, where is Lava cake?"

"why? do you miss him?"

i went quiet for a moment, "yes...but I'm afraid of him."

"he does love you. I know he's twisted and he's bad at showing it Lola but he's one of the nastiest creatures ever created. well half of him is at least. its a miracle he can feel love at all, his night terror half is probably rejecting it like mad and his bodies at a constant war when he's in the underworld. I wouldn't be surprised if it was always at war when it came down to you." 

I was quiet for a long moment, trying to take in everything that he was trying to say. "...He hurt me caramel."

Karma gestured to his still bruised face from when axel got mad at him after we ended up in the underworld, "He fixed you up. me? I get to feel the pain."