33

"Remember, concentrate on the moment. Feel, don't think, use your instincts." -Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

--

"Anakin, I bear great news!" Natalia said while clapping her hands, her cheeks damp from recent tears.

"What is it?" Anakin asked, his heart practically leaping into his throat.

"I'm pregnant." She said, fresh tears coming from her loving eyes, "It's a girl.".

Anakin stayed silent as he looked at her. "That- that's wonderful!" Anakin said with a smile, his eyes meant well but she knew something was on his mind.

"I'm going to name her Hope." Natalia said while smiling. Anakin smiled as he placed his hand on her belly, "You're going to be a great father." She said with a big smile.

Little did Natalia know Anakin would later slaughter Jedi Younglings in the Temple.

"General! General!" Rex yelled as he blasted droids, Natalia's eyes came back into focus as she sliced more droids in front of her, "Sorry Captain. I zoned out for a bit." Natalia said as she used the Force to push more droids back, "Were you thinking of me?" Anakin said with a wink. "Look, Skywalker. This is not a time to flirt, we must rescue Senator Amidala from these wretched scientists." Natalia said as she destroyed the last of the droids. "Of course, Natalia." Anakin said with a sigh, they ran to the command centre and saw Padme surrounded by droids. 

Natalia zoned out again as she focussed on another Force vision, this one with much more detail than before.

"Rex! Take her! Take her far away from here!" Natalia screamed over the clones blasting the Jedi away.

"What's happening General?!" Rex asked as he held onto the young crying girl, "I fear the Republic has been dissolved, a new era is beginning, Captain." Natalia said as she deflected more blasts, "You must keep her safe, she's the last of the Jedi." Natalia said frantically.

"What is her name?" Rex asked as he held onto her tightly, "Her name is Hope." Natalia said while starting to run. Rex ran, far far away. 

That was the last time Natalia Skywalker saw Hope.

Natalia looked around to see the clones staring at her, Padme had her hands on her shoulders, staring deep into her eyes. "General?" Rex asked quietly, she shook her head and looked ahead, Anakin was gone and Padme was freed. "I'm sorry, I keep zoning out, today is not my day." Natalia said as she shook her head, Rex nodded and went over to the other clones. "Master, the droid got away with the bomb, the clones are deactivating the bombs right now." Caleb said from the doorway, "Okay, and where are Anakin and Obi-Wan?" Natalia asked, but he shrugged. 

Suddenly a clone came running into the room frantically, "Get into the safe rooms!" The clone yelled, all of a sudden there was an explosion as blue smoke started to get closer to them, "Let's go!" Natalia yelled, Ahsoka nodded and ran with Natalia, Caleb, and the clones. "The door's closing!" Rex yelled as they saw the safe room in the distance, "Keep going! I've got it!" Natalia said as she used the Force to keep the door open enough for everyone to get inside, "Master! Get in!" Caleb yelled. Natalia nodded and jumped into the room, but a little bit of the virus managed to get inside of the chamber. 

"It'll be okay, we're probably not even infected." Natalia said as she watched the smoke disappear. One of the clones walked up to a datapad and checked to see how much virus had gotten into the room, "This isn't possible! We're severely infected!" The clone yelled as he slammed his fist down, Natalia sighed and rubbed the bridge of her nose as some of the clones started to worry. "Troopers! Calm down!" Ahsoka said suddenly, Natalia looked up and stared at her, Caleb was rocking back and forth and Rex sat there and stared at Natalia. 

"We'll get out of this mess, if anything the Dream Team will come up with some brilliant plan." Natalia said while crossing her arms, "Do you mean General Kenobi and General Skywalker? Yeah right, their only plan is probably to blow up this place, that seems to be the only thing they're good at." Caleb asked while crossing his arms, Natalia shrugged in agreement, because he was kind of right. "Yeah, you're probably right." Natalia agreed.

"Well, since we're already infected let's make sure no leftover droids get out of this bunker, we need it to be completely sealed if we want my people to survive." Natalia said as she opened the door again. "Senator Amidala, come in." Natalia said through her comlink, "Oh, Master Jedi, it's good to hear from you again. What's happening? I was in the safe room when the alarm went off." Padme said through her comlink, "A droid set off a bomb, do you have your suit on?" Natalia asked. "Yes." Padme replied, "Good, we need to make sure no droid of any kind gets out of this bunker." Natalia said as she sliced a droid trying to slice through an opening. 

"Of course, I'll be right there." Padme said. Soon Padme had caught up with the Jedi and the clones, "I guess we'll start our search." Padme said as they walked around the bunker. Suddenly battle droids started shooting at them, Natalia had deflected most of the shots but one of them hit Padme's safety suit. "Senator! Your suits been compromised!" Rex yelled. Padme sighed and removed her helmet and gave Natalia a sad look. "Looks like I won't be needing to this." Padme said as she placed her helmet on the ground. Natalia sighed as Rex took his helmet off too.

"As long as we go down heroes, dying doesn't really matter to me. We'll die in here with the virus." Natalia said as she leaned against the wall, starting to grow weaker. "General, are you okay enough to carry on?" Rex asked, Natalia nodded and pushed herself off of the wall, starting to feel dizzy. "I should be fine, Captain. There isn't much time for us though." Natalia said. Suddenly her comlink started beeping frantically, "It's General Skywalker." Natalia said with a smile. "Skyguy." Natalia said through her transmitter, seeing his face made her smile. "Natalia! What's going on?!" Anakin asked frantically, "Ani, we've been infected by the virus. The bunker's been sealed and everything is under control." Natalia said, "Nat! We'll find a cure! I promise!" Anakin said, tears forming in his eyes. "Anakin, our duty was to keep the virus away from Naboo's surface. Don't worry about us." Natalia said, "Goodbye Anakin." She continued, she turned off her transmitter and held it to her chest, a small tear falling to the ground.

"I love you Anakin."