Chapter 10

In the mere hours of the morning, as the sun had just began to rise, a large white ferry boat glided across the water reaching it's destination. It had finally come to a stop at the harbor, it's deck filled with the chatter of people eager to get let off. Amongst the crowd stood a young woman. She was a fair lady, and her features were definitely eye catching to say the least. With her black bobbed hair and stunning hazel eyes, she caught the attention of many men her age.

But as she stood on the ferry's deck, her brown suitcase in hand, she had a large smile gracing her face as she took in her new surroundings. It was her first time ever leaving her country and now she was in the all great America. Not to mention, the famous New York City. The sight was breath taking.

Soon everyone on the boat was ushered off in a line and sent through customs. Giving a friendly smile to the officer as he let her through, she collected her bag and continued on, searching for a pair of familiar faces. To be honest, if you were to find one of them, the other would never be but three feet away.

Only after a few minutes of searching though, a loud voice called out from behind her. "Lilly Pad!" A pair of heavy arms wrapped around the girl and she let out a small squeal.

"Jake, you fool, put me down." She laughed, as one of her younger brothers spun her around excitingly. He obeyed and placed her down gently, but the grin never left his face.

"Look at how tall you've gotten." The one and only Jake Knight jokingly said.

"Yeah, a whole half an inch difference since seventh year." A new voice spoke up. She spun around to see an almost identical man. He had a much more calm demeanor than his brother, but he was never one to pass up on a tease. With a large smile, Lillian hugged her other twin brother, Jason.

The two twins were never failed to amaze Lillian. As she inherited the short trait from her mother, both of her brothers were lucky enough to steal the tallness from their father. So even though Lillian was older than the boys by almost four years, they still towered over her hilariously.

" Thank you two so much for helping me. I don't know what I would be doing without out you guys." Lillian started out by expressing her thanks towards her brothers.

"It's no problem Lilly, we would do anything to help our big sis. Even if she is an annoying bugger." Jake responded, earning a small slap on the arm by Lillian.

The Knight brothers were very charismatic kids. No matter what they did or how many stupid things they'd say, people always managed to like them. It wasn't a surprise when they told their family they wanted to open their own business. So the two of them moved to New York in America and spent all of their shared earnings on opening up their magical candy shop.

Lillian however was not as successful. After the incident, her last three years at Hogwarts were not the brightest. Lillian couldn't find the want to make friends anymore, and all of her days were empty and never as bright as before. She started to hide away, her body left emotionally and physically scarred. After graduation, she moved from her family house and found a small place to live. It was nice for a while, but the silence left her alone with her thoughts too often. However though, she soon received a letter from her brothers across the ocean asking how everything was. That was when they invited her to come work for them at their shop. Lillian thought it was a great way to start over. A new country, new people, something to keep her occupied and distracted from herself.

So a week later she was sailing across the Atlantic in a boat full of muggles. The feeling of the heavy past being left behind in the waves.

"Here, let me take that." Jason offered, grabbing his sisters bag off the ground. Soon the three of them were walking together, her arms linked with Jake, back to the men's flat. However, supposedly they call them apartments here in America.