n i n e

Grace comforts me as my friends are lowered into the ground. I gave my condolences to their parents, I told them I was sorry that if I could change what happened I would. Little did they know it was my fault that they died that day. I told them to put their trust in me and they did and I let them die.

I cast my eyes away from the sight of the coffin being lowered into the ground, my gut twists, I want to throw up.

"Rose," Grace whispers nudging me. I look up from the floor, the priest says the sign of the cross. I join shutting my eyes. Slowly people start to leave or talk to Mira and Kathy's parents.

Standing up I look towards the exit. To my surprise I find the man I once called the devil. He wears a slick black suit but his hair is a mess, Micah sits on a bench looking in my direction.

I smile at him despite all the pain I feel.

"I'll be back, Grace," I mumble.

I don't wait for her to say anything, I just run off to Micah.

"Micah," I call. "What are you doing here?"

He looks up at me, "come here." I frown standing in front of him. He pulls me down next to him keeping his arms on my shoulders, "you look good, Rose."

"Thanks," I smile.

I follow Micah's every to a tombstone across from us.

Lavonne Mercutio
27.12.1968 - 20.3.2005
Loving mother of Micah
and husband of Angelo Mercutio

"Micah Mercutio," I test.

"Don't ever put those names together, Rose," he says.

"But-"

He sighs looking at the tombstone, "my mother re-married after my father- died. She's really Lavonne King. Don't say Mercutio, Rose, I fucking hate it." I kiss his cheek, nodding my head. I wish he'd tell me the whole story, why he hates the name Mercutio. I wonder if Mercutio is her married name or maiden, either one could be a reason Micah hates it.

"Micah, why do you hate it?" I ask.

"My mother wasn't a lucky woman. Each man she'd married, thought she'd loved lived a secret life of a thug first getting my father killed them herself."

"I'm sorry."

"That won't help, Rose," he grins. "I take my mothers maiden name, King. Rather than my fathers, Moretti or Mercutio my step fathers."

Silence surrounds us, I lean my head against his shoulder sighing. The crowd all wearing black around Kathy and Mina's gave makes my senses come back, I have to go back to the campus.. get my things sorted for the week.. "I really should be going, Micah," I tell him.

"But I wanna spend the day with you," he grins standing up. "Met me at my car in five," he says walking towards one of the exits at the cemetery. Licking my lips I decide to quickly bid Grace a good bye.

♔♔♔

We stand at the door of a town story town house, Micah opens the door kicking his shoes off once his inside. I step awkwardly in front of him. Micah pulls my black coat off my shoulders putting it on a hanger in the hallway. "Why did you bring me here?"

"I told you," he touches my neck, "I wanted to spend time with you."

I breathe out, "doing what?"

Micah smirks looking at me, "I'm open for any suggestion."

"I didn't mean it like that," I mumble. "And you know I didn't mean it like that."

He kisses me roughly. His hand slid up my thigh lifting my black dress higher, I wrapped my hand around his wrist but it didn't stop him exposing my skin. His tongue invaded my mouth, my hands where sweaty from him kissing me. Micah pressed his lips to my neck, tilting my chin back with his finger, his lips suck gently against my skin making a small moan come from my lips.

"I can't, Micah," I mumble.

"Rose," he groans.

"I-.."

He kisses me again but this time his gentle. My blood pulses through the veins in my neck, I kiss him back but I don't know why. I stand on my toes leaning against him, he grips the back of my thighs lifting my legs to his hip. My dress doesn't sit properly anymore, my back hits the couch and Micah climbs over me. His lips move down my neck, his had gripping my thigh.

"Fuck," he swears kissing my jaw. "Only because of your day will I not rip your dress off right now."

I blush looking at him. How could he say things like that like it was the most natural thing because it really isn't there's nothing natural about him or what he says. His artificially made, I know it. The way he touches my skin and kisses me with so much.. lust. Micah gets off me moving into another room. I stay still, my heart still racing and my palms sweaty.

I fix my hair and wipe my palms on my dress while fixing it. I need to go.

♔♔♔
i'm back, expect updates in the next week or so.
remember to check out my book Nicholas, it would
mean heaps as the book is only just getting started.
#773 in romance, can i get higher?
luv you all xx