Prologue

'Gravity, you should be honored to be just like your ancestor, Sun. Stop whining like a little dragonet.'

The words from his mother echoed in Prince Gravity's mind as he walked down the hallways of the Palace. He was sick of always being compared, whether it was to his future Queen sister, Galaxy, or to his famous animus ancestor, Sun. Everyone knew that he was indeed the first animus dragon in generations, but no one treated him like it. In fact, he wouldn't be surprised if half the SpaceWings on Saren didn't know his name, despite the fact that he's been alive for the past six years.

As always, his mother, Queen Nebula, had sent a guard to tell him that he needed to come see her so he could do her bidding. His claws scratched the warm grey clay floor as he stormed through the blue ember lit hallways. He finally took a turn to the right, reaching the throne room where Nebula arched her head towards him. Her glow was a radiant yellow, just like his, lighting up the area around him. She also wore a gold crown with diamond shaped rubies embedded in it, as well as hanging ruby earrings.

The throne room was a large room studded with rubies on each side, and a large skylight on the roof. Beautiful moon stones lined the floor, but wasn't very comfortable to stand on. In the middle were two golden thrones, one of which his mother was sitting in.

His father, King Meteor, wasn't in the room. He was probably talking with the head of the Space Charting department, Orbit.

"Ah, glad you're finally here," Nebula said as her ruby earrings swayed when she moved her head. "I need you to do something very important for me."

She then stood up and grabbed something from behind her throne. It was a box. He frowned. She called me up for a stupid box? he thought.

Queen Nebula walked up to him and placed the box in his talons as if it were a newly hatched dragonet.

"This is very important. I need you to deliver this to your sister."

Gravity looked inside the box, and all there was were a bunch of old, crumbling scrolls. They looked like they belonged in the trash, not in a Princess' talons.

"And don't you dare think about reading them. I'll know if you do," she threatened, hissing a bit of electric sparks. "I have to go deal with something now, so make sure you don't loose the scrolls, okay darling?"

Gravity bared his teeth at her behind her back as she walked out of the room. He was so furious that he could feel his yellow glow shining brighter than the natural light pouring in from the big skylight overhead. How dare she talk to me like that!

Of course the box was for her precious princess. He couldn't understand why she didn't love him the way she did Galaxy. He was more special than her. It was like being an animus didn't even matter.

In rage he threw the box towards the corner of the room, and left.

The box of scrolls was left all alone, for anyone to see; for anyone to take.