147

Nandini

Not a good start for the day. I got up with a heavy head. Couldn't sleep last night, after seeing Manik become so vulnerable. I was thinking all night, if I had to talk to Cabir Bhai about this. He must be the only other person who could have seen Manik like that.

But where is Manik?

Wait! It's 10:30 AM? Mein ithnii der tak kaise so gayi, aur Manik ne bhi nai uthaaya.

"Manik!! Manik where are you? Tum ne mujhe uthaaya kyu nai?" I called for him. but no response.

Then I notice this note on the side table.

Class at 10. Long day, see you in the evening. Love.

Long day after a long night. I hope he's fine.

I am going to get roasted all day sitting at home alone. Iss se achha kahi ghoom ke aajaaoon. Good idea. I will plan an indoor date and cook his favorite food. Iss se us kaa mann bhi divert ho jayega. Wow Nandini Malhotra! You are so intelligent.

I quickly took a shower, and went to the kitchen to make some breakfast and then I see another note, stuck to a bowl.

For you, I actually made it just for myself but then I saw the chocolate cake from last night in the fridge, so yeh tum khaa lena.

Eggs? Us ke liye ithna bada note? Leh! I thought it would be something interesting.

I made a toast and finished the eggs and called up Will to check if he was free. We enrolled in the same classes, so if it's a free day for me, then it's a free day for him too, unless he's at work.

W: Yes butterfly. Good morning.

The all-time super enthusiastic William!!!!

N: Morning Will. Yiu've a minute?

W: Yes, please tell me.

N: Okay! So Manik's actually a bit low from last night. He's seen this scary nightmare! So I was thinking to make tonight special for him. but I am running out few things, and i

W: And you need a ride to the store?

N: Bingo, it won't take too long.

W: I will see you in ten. Need to get back by 12:30 for work. Is that okay?

N: Sounds good, See ya then!

One of the best things that happened to me, is getting my best friend back, only I know how much I missed his company all the while we had tiffs. That was totally unforeseen for me. I never expected Will to behave that way, but then, shit happens. Glad, he realized. He's been my first friend here, Judy left me in his hands when I was a broken soul, and he was the one who pulled me back to shape. Though I still had some insecurities, I atleast got better because of him. Had he not been there, it would have been a different Nandini altogether, until I met My Man. I never believed in relationships, I was running away from them. I was committed to open up my heart only to the right one, I knew it that Mumma and Pappa would help me do that. They don't want to see me broken all over again. And see it happened! My Man, is the superlative degree to all possible best qualities a husband should have.

Tring tring tring.... It's William.

W: At the garage!

N: You'll see me in a minute.

I took the list, my bag and went downstairs.

"We match!" that's the first word he said after looking at me.