Chapter 38

Michel was standing in the entry way of the spa. He was amazed at the progress that had taken hold after a little more than two weeks of work. It looked as if all the walls in the lower level had been adjusted properly— either added or removed.

The reception area stood immediately in front of the main entrance. A large walnut desk would be placed in the middle, directing the guests to check in upon arrival. Michel planned for several comfortable arm chairs to be placed to the right of the desk to promote comfort from the start. To the left of the desk, a bar would be housed that would offer water and natural juices to satisfy thirst.

Just standing here, Michel could see it all. He had been to visit paint stores to browse samples that he felt would best suit the atmosphere. Lorelai gave him free reign so he worked hard to not only accomplish what he set out to create but to also make Lorelai proud of the spa. He feared she only took on the project to keep him from taking the position at the W Hotel. On one hand, it spoke to his skills that she wanted to keep him. On the other, he was nervous at just how successful the spa would be once open.

Tom approached. "Michel, we found a problem in one of the back rooms that you have designated as a treatment room."

"Show me now." Michel had no patience for problems. It had better be something that could easily— and inexpensively— be fixed.

*****

After meeting with Mitchum in London, Logan and Rory flew home. Their first day back, Logan arranged to have lunch with Honor and her family. Rory was excited to catch up, as it had been years since the two girls had seen one another.

Josh and Honor had been married for thirteen years and had welcomed three children: a seven year old boy named Parker and twin four year old girls named Sophia and Sydney. Parker had Josh's brown hair and quiet nature, while the girls seemed to be modeled entirely after their mother with her blonde hair and bubbly nature.

Honor had insisted Logan and Rory come to her house in Greenwich for dinner. "House" was a bit of a stretch in Rory's opinion. Honor's home was really a sprawling estate with a large in-ground pool with attached cabana, tennis courts, and a luscious yard that begged to be played on. A tour was offered and accepted and Rory marveled at how beautiful and inviting Honor had made each space. Pretention couldn't be felt anywhere, while evidence of children and a life well lived was everywhere.

As they were leaving, Honor hugged Rory. "I'm so glad you're back. I liked Odette but she never could fill your shoes."

Rory smiled. "I get my big feet from my mother."

Laughing, Honor replied, "That is what I've missed. Your quick wit!"

Once in the car, Logan's phone buzzed, indicating a new email had been received. He checked it, then leaned back against the seat and smiled. "We close on the Twickham house in two days!"

"Yay!" Rory was so excited to not only be leaving her vagabond existence behind but to be settling into a home with Logan. "Can we get to move in right away?"

"Sure do, Ace! Looks like we need to start furniture shopping!"

"I cannot wait to start putting our touch on the house. What colors are you thinking for the walls? Oh, and the furniture— do we want leather or a soft cloth? What kind of wood should our table be? Do you want wallpaper accent walls?"

Rory was talking a blue streak, causing Logan to smile even wider. "Slow down, Ace! There are a lot of decisions to make. I was thinking we could look at hiring a decorator to help then hire professionals to do the work for us."

"That would be nice but I want to put our stamp on it.  I'm not going with a decorator who wants to incorporate a western theme or push for modern designs."

"I agree. Make it ours."

"What time is the closing?"

"It's at 10:00am at a title company in Hartford."

"Would you mind if I tagged along? I could drop you off at the closing and walk through some shops to get ideas."

Logan looked at Rory. "Well, you can't go shopping while I'm at the closing."

Confused, Rory asked, "Why not?"

"I need you at the closing, Ace. The house will be in both of our names."

Rory's mouth dropped open. "Logan, I had no idea."

He reached for Rory's hand, lightly dropping a kiss on it. "I know. But this is our house, not just my house."

Rory tilted her chin up and pasted a mock-defiant expression on her face. "But what if I steal all of your belongings and kick you to the curb?"

"Then my child and his or her mother will have a safe home to live in while I live in a box at the end of the drive." Logan's eyes danced with mirth.

Becoming serious, Rory held tightly onto Logan's hand. "You're sure this is what you want?"

"Ace, as long as I'm with you, I'll have everything I need."

With that, Logan leaned in to seal the deal with a kiss.