Chapter 49

The Holidays were over, and Bellatrix still hadn't told Francesca about the teaching job. She was bound to find out eventually, but Bellatrix couldn't find the right time. So now, Bellatrix was standing with Francecsa and Anastasia, who had managed to come around, at platform 9 3/4 about to board the train with them.

He luggage had already been taken to her quarters at the school, so now to avoid embarrassment she has to use a glamour charm to look like a student for that train.

"Bye girls, see you in a term!" Bellatrix said guiltily, before walking to the bathroom and casting the glamour. She made herself have red hair, blue eyes, fairly tall, looked about 6th year.

She got on the train, and sat in an empty carriage, praying that no one would come sit with her. To her dismay, her daughter and her group of friends came in.

"Do you mind if we sit here?" Asked a boy she didn't recognise. He had blue hair, was most likely a metamorphogus.

"Sure!" Bellatrix said, very unprepared.

"What's your name?" Francesca asked her. "I haven't see you around before."

"Ugh..I'm..um..Sadie March?" Bellatrix said, trying to stay in character.

"Well nice to meet you Sadie!" Finn said, Bellatrix knew Finn, him and Francesca had been best friends since they had were in diapers.

"What house are you in?" Another girl Bellatrix didn't recognise said, but by process of elimination she guessed that was Alex.

"I'm in...uh...Gryffindor.." Bellatrix said. "Yeah, Gryffindor."

"I haven't seen you around the common room" Finn said.

"I don't get out much." Bellatrix said.

The group didn't really talk to her much after that, Bellatrix pretended to be reading a book she found on the floor, and unintentionally listened in to their conversation. She had worked out that the boy with the glasses was called Tyler, and the blue haired boy was called Teddy. He was actually her nephew, and Francesca's second cousin, but she didn't need to know that unless they started dating or something.

The train stopped, and they started to get off the train. "Bye Sadie!" Alex said, making Bellatrix smile, Francesca's friends really were nice.

'Sadie' walked off the train and ran into the castle, going up to the headmistress' office and then changing out of the glamour.

"Mrs Lestrange, please explain the glamour charm!" Professor McGonagall asked.

"Oh, you see my daughter doesn't know that I have this job, so I kind of hid from her," Bellatrix said biting her lip. She thought McGonagall just had a stern face, but then realised she was looking at her dress. "Professor, is there something wrong with my dress?"

"Well...it appears quite..um..-"

"If your thinking slutty, spit it out." Bellatrix said, aware that her dress sense was not the most formal.

"No..you know what, it shouldn't be a problem." McGonagall said. "However, your daughters class is your first of the term, first thing tomorrow, so you will not be able to keep your secret for that long. If you sit out of dinner, I won't mention your name, but you understand you can't keep your secret?"

"I understand." Bellatrix said. "Where are my quarters?"

"By the Slytherin common room, have a nice night Mrs Lestrange,"

~*~

The next day, Bellatrix sat in her classroom and prepped for her lesson. She had no idea what they were supposed to be learning, she was just going to teach them what a DADA teacher should teach, how do defend yourself.

Then all the students came in and gasped as they saw mass murderer Bellatrix Lestrange in front of their class, or in Francesca's case her mother. Everyone looked confused and a little scared, but didn't dare put their hands up.

"So." Bellatrix said. "I'm your new DADA teacher, your supposed to call me professor Lestrange, but I'm not a professor and it sound weird, so please call me Bellatrix. "

One Gryffindor sitting and the back put her hand up, and Bellatrix nodded at her. "Miss, I was wondering what your umm....doing here?"

"I'm here because I was told I need to be here. Does anyone else have any other questions?"

The class remained silent, so Bellatrix awkwardly moved on. "Have you learned any spells yet?

"No, not yet." Finn said.

"10 points to Gryffindor." Bellatrix said, as she wrote something on the board.

"Why?" Finn asked.

"For not being so stupidly scared of me that you can never put your hand up." Bellatrix said. "Now, you come to the front," Bellatrix said, pointing at a girl giggling at the back. "What's your name?"

"Alex..." She said nervously, walking up to the front.

"Do you have your wand?" Bellatrix asked.

"It's in my bag." Alex said shyly.

"Well get it then!" Bellatrix said smiling."Okay, so when you get your wand out, swish and flick your wrist saying expelliamus,"

"Expelliamus." Alex said, without much enthusiasm, and nothing came out.

"No, say it like your excited....like a hippogriff just pooed on professor McGonagall's glasses,"

The whole class started laughing, and Alex preformed a great spell. Maybe Bellatrix wouldn't be so bad after all.