Chapter 27

"I'm mortified. I don't know if I can face the others!" I grumble to Jisung as I'm laid out across his bed.

"Well, you're going to have to at some point. Especially as we have practice in half an hour" he helpfully points out from his position at his desk.

"Are you sure I just can't work out in the gym or use the other practice room?" I reply, staring at the ceiling.

"Yes." He tells me definitively. "You can't just pussy foot around them forever, just turning up at meal times and then immediately leaving again. It's been four days and you uncle and everyone else is starting to get suspicious."

"But why did it have to be that moment?" I think aloud.

"It's just pure chance Rae. Stop brooding on it." He instructs, spinning on his chair to face me.

"I can't help it. They saw me kissing Chenle. My first kiss and it was just a peck but because of the moment they walked in on, it looked so much worse" I reiterate for the nth time today.

"Just let it go. The boys will forget it soon enough and it'd not that bad... you could've been half naked..." he points.

"You think so lowly of me?" I tease, sitting up and mocking my hurt.

"No, but don't under estimate the charms of Chenle" he winks.

"I'm not stupid enough to fall for that...." I defend.

"Really?" He asks, looking deep into my eyes. "Oh my god! You actually like him! I mean, it's always been kinda assumed but you've just confirmed it! Yessss!" He cheers, suddenly becoming excited.

"Jisung, if you breathe a word of this to anyone..." I warn, my voice low and threatening.

"Would I do such a thing?" He jokingly asks.

"Yes" I reply in a deadpan tone.

"Fair enough. Now get out, I have homework to be getting on with. I'm not some guidance councillor or Aunt Agatha. That's Jaemin's job so if you have any problems, go talk to him" Jisung commands, all but kicking me out. By that, I mean he grabs my hands and drags me over towards the door and opens it for me. The only thing he doesn't do is physically shove me into the corridor.

"But you know I can't!" I remind him.

"Yes you can Rae. You're gonna have to face it at some point!" He taunts as I step into the corridor, shutting the door behind me.

Rude.

"Dinner in ten. Practice after that." Chan reminds me, passing me in the corridor on my way to to my room.

"Yes, yes, I'll be down in a minute." I wave him away, heading directly into my room as he continues his way down the corridor.

I get changed out of my school uniform, internally groaning at the sight of all my homework stacked up on my desk. It's only two pieces but that, balanced with a full training schedule, seems like a lot. Guess I'll be staying up late tonight to finish it.

I brush my hair up into a ponytail as I mentally run through all I have to do. Half an hour of vocal. Hour and a half of dance. Hour of gym. That means, by the time training will be over, and factoring in dinner, it'll be nearly nine when and then add on half an hour for homework. I won't be pleasant in the morning.

When I finally make it down stairs to find a the food being served, I take my normal place at the table with Chenle promptly sitting down besides me. There are several remarks from the boys though they don't say it outright since none of the adults know. When they do however, Chenle and I exchange looks. We haven't had the opportunity to talk about what happened since we haven't been left alone together and when we have been, one of the boys somehow manages to pop up somewhere and interrupt.