Chapter Forty Two : Too Close

Moriah Scott

Ajani stared straight ahead with a scowl on her face as we road in silence. I used the feather I'd found on the floor of the SUV to tickle her face and she looked at me wondering what the fuck I was doing. I did it again and she moved her head back and looked at me crazily before she pushed my hand away.

"Mo where did you even get that feather from?" She questioned and I nodded towards the ground. She gave me a weird look before she rested back going back into the somber mood she was in. I rolled down the window and let the feather fly out of my hand before watching it as it disappeared going in the opposite direction.

I could tell she was nervous as we drove to pick Jesse up from the airport. She looked like she was worrying about what her father might do and kept gazing out the window as if she were in deep thought.

"On the bright side, you probably won't have to get your hands dirty. He's coming because he cares about you and he loves you" I said resting my head back. Ajani looked over at me briefly before she gave a simple head nod and shut her eyes.

"I'm not mad because he's coming, it's just you know my fadda is a hothead. He does stuff without thinking and then my mother ends up worrying about him. If he's going to be calm then I'm fine with him coming around but you know he's gonna shoot first" she explained.

"Or blow something up. That's typically what he does, I see what you're saying though but you just gotta let things happen. It's okay to silently judge everyone though and talk shit in your head but smile and nod on the outside" I said with a yawn.

"Is that what you do?" Ajani questioned and I laughed out loud. I talked shit in my head and out loud, there was only so much judgement you could hold inside before it started seeping out.

When I heard someone yawn from the backseat I turned and looked at Johan who was slowly sitting up. I'd almost forgotten he'd tagged along to the trip to the airport because he'd been asleep the whole way.

"Jani stop worrying. Fadda is a savage so let him come here and fuck up some lives and do savage shit" Johan said rubbing at his eyes. Ajanj turned and her seat and looked at him and I could see she was trying hard to hide her laughter.

"Of course you'd say that. You're crazy as well" She responded and Johan smiled and shrugged before he laid back down in the backseat and I shook my head.

We arrived at the airport nearly an hour later after all of the traffic. Jesse was waiting in the front with a few of his guards and when he saw the car he walked over and pulled the car open causing Ajani to move into the back with Johan.

"Fadda she hit me!" Johan complained and I shook my head knowing his ass was lying. Jesse ignored him and gave the guards he came with orders to take his luggage elsewhere and wait for Alijah's plane to land while he went ahead.

"Mama and the boys are coming?" Ajani questioned and Jesse glanced over his shoulder at her before he nodded his head and remained silent.

"You seem mad? Who are you mad at? Me or the gyal?" Johan questioned and Jesse ignored him and continued to look down at his cellphone responding to a text from someone.

Jesse eventually tucked his phone into his pocket before he extended his hand to me and I slapped hands with him.

"How you been? Calvin called me and was talking shit saying how you wanted him to off Q" Jesse said and I chuckled and looked ahead.