Chapter Twelve

I didn't expect Veronica to come up with her evil plan overnight.

Seriously, does she have a notebook filled with fun ways to ruin someone's life? Probably.

But there I was, standing in my pajamas out in our driveway, staring up at the windows, at five thirty in the morning.

Across the whole house, written in some red substance that seemed to be dripping, was the words: 'Fugly bitch'.

Classy.

I sighed and went inside, calling my father's personal cleaner, Melinda. When he was on holiday, she would always come around and tidy up the place. Even when it's only me, like right now, she sometimes came to check up on us.

From what she's told me, she has four kids and is a nurse while also doing cleaning jobs. We always pay her a fair amount of money so that she can support her family.

She picked up on the third ring. "Stephanie! How wonderful to hear from you!" she greeted.

"You too Melinda. Hey, could you come over? There's a... mess outside that I could use some help cleaning up," I asked hopefully.

"Sure! Be there in twenty minutes," she said. Over the years, she has gotten quite close to my family. She's a very good friend of ours.

I went into the garage and searched around for the old ladder that my dad used to use. I finally found it.

Problem was, it was really heavy.

I tried lifting it, but not having enough strength to do so and it wore me out in minutes. So instead, I dragged it along the ground which seemed like a more efficient way of moving it.

By the time I had gotten the ladder into the front yard, and I had grabbed some cleaning supplies, Melinda's car had pulled into the driveway.

"Hey Melinda," I greeted her, giving her a short hug.

She sighed, looking up at the house. "Teenagers," she muttered to herself and I snorted.

We got to work, bringing out the cleaning supplies and setting up the ladder.

Two hours later, we had successfully cleaned it up, and boy did it take some hard work. I nearly fell off the ladder and died at least twice.

Melinda shook her head."Don't let it get to you," she reassured me, helping me to take the cleaning supplies back into the house and to pack it away.

I nodded. "I know. I won't."

She hugged me before saying goodbye, leaving me alone in this big empty house. I sighed and just sat down on the couch, turning on the TV and flickering between channels.

I was still pissed at Veronica for what she did to my house. Normally, I would give her a good old prank back. Maybe some donuts topped with baby powder instead of sugar. Or a raw egg to the face. Either would work.

However, that would only encourage her to do more. She would get more creative with her pranks, and they would probably become dangerous, which I didn't need. It's best to just ignore her and move on with life.

Then I realise something.

School is a sort of thing that I am required to go to.

Shit.

I jumped off the couch faster than Usain Bolt and I bolted (Haha puns) upstairs and got showered and dressed in record time. It was eight o'clock by the time I was finished.