•92•

val

"miss. mercado," the doctor tapped my shoulder. "is there anyone to call for jack?"

i nodded frantically and whipped out my phone scrolling through my contacts and clicking on jack's mother.

"hello?" her soft voice answered.

"mrs. gilinsky," i sniffled. "it's val."

"hello sweetheart! how are you? are you crying, dear?"

"mrs. gilinsky, i need you to come to the hospital - it's jack."

"hospital? what's happened? is he alright?"

"i'm not sure yet."

"val!" i heard a voice shout from across the emergency room.

i stood up and whipped my head around running towards his mom and dad, and she embraced me in her arms. i immediately broke down into sobs and tried my best to control myself, but i couldn't.

"what's happened?" she rubbed my back. "where is jack?"

"th - they won't let me see him!" i cried. "he's in a coma."

"val, let me take it from here. you need to go home and rest. this isn't a good surrounding for you right now." she said and i shook my head.

"i'm not leaving." i say and she gives me a weak smile.

"val, this is a family situation now. ill keep you updated, okay?"

i didn't want to fight with her so all i did was slowly release myself from her grip and walk towards the parking lot.

i'm back !! sorry i haven't been active but i had midterms all week at school - and i passed all but one because the teacher just doesn't teach anything. but im back! and super excited.

i see there are a lot of new followers! hello ❤️ so excited to get to know all of you and i hope you enjoy this book! don't be sad that it's almost over cuz there's more to come :))

make sure to vote and comment please !