56

"no, that's not how you spell it," phil rolls his eyes as he nosily peaks at adrian's essay, and the smaller boy only scowls, quickly scribbling the word and rewriting it.

phil had stopped moping around once adrian returned from school, his curly hair plastered to his forehead and his tie hanging loosely around his neck. phil had pushed his hair back affectionately and placed a kiss against his forehead, before telling him to change.

half an hour later they were in the kitchen, adrian with a splotch of flour on his face as he tried to roll some kind of a dough, and phil just furrowing his eyebrows before running his thumb over the boy's cheek to dust it off.

they watched a few movies, and ate lunch together on the dining ; phil complaining about work and adrian, about school. they were bonding over undercooked potatoes and doughy pasta, uncensored rambling about people that neither of them knew.

phil listened quietly when adrian spit harsh words about his classmates and a few of his inconsiderate teachers ; and adrian just rested his chin in his palms as phil talked rubbish about everything, ranging from the annoying sound of his co-worker-heather's-heels to the bad decisions made by the government.

right now, adrian was sat at the dining, the ink pen in his hand staining multiple pages of his notebook where he attempted to write an essay, and phil was sitting next to him, his glasses placed crookedly on the bridge of his nose and his fingers constantly making a clicking sound as he typed something.

"i can see you trying to read over my essay, stop doing that, it's making me uncomfortable," adrian crossed his arms over his chest, dropping the his pen on the notebook, and phil only rolled his eyes, resting his chin his palms as he stared at adrian.

"i'm the dad here, i can do whatever i want," phil said nonchalantly, wanting to see the annoyed expression on his child's face and adrian just snorted, squinting his eyes at his father in irritation before starting to write again.

"dad?" adrian called five minutes later, and phil only hummed softly in response.

"when are we going to put up our christmas tree? there's barely a week left for christmas," adrian frowned, and phil glanced at him sideways before pursing his lips.

"we should wait for your papa to return before we-"

"but papa might take a while! i'm not letting santa curse us because papa won't get over his stupid work," adrian complained and phil just sighed. there was no way he was going to win this argument, so he thought the best thing that he could do, was to simply dial dan and let him deal with the situation.

"okay fine, i'll call papa and you can ask him about this alright? don't eat my head," phil stated pointedly and adrian just grinned at him, nodding his head aggressively, watching as phil picked up his phone and dialled a number, pressing the silver device against the shell of his ear.

"hello?"

--

there will be no drama i promise :-)