-nylah

SHMONEY

"Aw, look at my little baby," Sari cooed -- or had been cooing -- for the past two hours.

Nylah was born at home, of course, but just to make sure everything was okay and that mother and baby were fine, they were transported to a hospital right after delivery. Sari was dead tired, but she stayed awake long enough to know what was going on.

Everything was fine.

Except the fact that Zayn was really nervous to hold Nylah, but after a few seconds of setting his arms right and his own mom standing beside him, he was fine.

So, now, everything was fine.

Sari watched in fascination while Zayn held Nylah, so much care and love in one gesture. He kept kissing her little forehead and smiling down at how precious she was.

"I just wanna know if this is my baby or not," Zayn said, "because this is all you."

"Nuh uh, she looks like you a little," Sari argued, "you see the nose? And the eyelashes."

"It sounds like an episode of Maury," Rodney Junior chimed in beside her. It was his first week of college but his sister was delivering and of course he wouldn't miss it for the world. "'Maury, that boy don't even lay like me.'"

"Shut up," Sari laughed and covered her mouth so her baby could sleep, "Rodney, you've gotta go."

"I do, I do," he stood to his feet and stretched, "I'm coming back this weekend also, just to see you."

"Something tells me you should've went somewhere further away."

"Maybe, but I like UCLA for some reason," he shrugged and bent down to hug her, "I love you, man."

"I love you, too. Have fun. Get good grades. Don't cheat a lot."

"Sari," Trisha shook her head.

"I'll see you guys later, I'm sure mom and dad are in the cafeteria," Rodney hugged Trisha and kissed his niece's cheek before leaving the room.

"It's getting late," Trisha checked her watch and looked down at Nylah, "I'll go ahead home, maybe bring your sisters tomorrow. They're anxious."

"Pictures don't do her justice," Zayn smiled as his mom kissed his forehead tenderly and smoothed down his hair, "I'll see you later."

"Mhm. Sari, I'll see you later, too."

"Thanks for stopping by," Sari smiled and hugged Trisha back.

"It's nothing, I have to see my first grandchild," she grabbed her jacket and purse before leaving the room again. "Goodbye, you three."

The door shut and Sari closed her eyes, still tired from her nap earlier.

"You okay, babe?" Zayn asked quietly, his eyes still on their daughter.

"Yeah," she sighed deeply and opened her eyes again, "sit with me please?"

"Okay," Zayn got up, careful not to disturb the newborn, and sitting down in bed with her, "this is all you, I swear."

"Honestly," she giggled finally realizing Nylah was basically Sari, "I was looking at old pictures of when people in our families were babies. The girls specifically look the same, I couldn't even tell. Mom said people thought it was incest."

"Ew," he grimaced.

"I know, but...yeah," she looked down and smiled, "she looks like a Nylah."

"Doesn't she?" Zayn agreed, looking at Sari and smiling, "I love you, Bear."

"I love you, too, Zayn," she leaned up and kissed his lips softly, "and I love your sperm."

"I love your eggs."

She giggled again, kissing him harder but shorter until he was in a fit himself.

SHMONEY

It didn't take long for Sari to be discharged from the hospital. Nowadays, moms and babies got to go home the next day, versus twenty years ago when they had to be in the hospital for at least a week. They went home with their five pound and three ounces baby Nylah, who was a quiet little baby, except when she was hungry. Just like Sari.

The drive home was a little nerve racking on Sari's part, she just got anxious, especially when they'd go over a speed bump or merge into another lane. She trusted Zayn's driving, but they had precious cargo now. So, the twenty five minute drive turned into almost an hour because Sari wanted to stop the car and calm herself down. Zayn helped out a lot, and yeah, she was going to have to get used to it.

Zayn parked in the driveway, cutting the engine off and getting out to grab the car seat. "Come on, lil' Nylah, time to meet the animals."

"Oh man," Sari groaned, unlocking the door and hearing the barking from inside, "I forgot all about these two." because now Oliver had a friend, Zayn's new dog, a cute blue Pitbull named Zena, who was just as rowdy as him. Sigh.

"They're fine," Zayn shuffled through the door and Zena quickly calmed down. Both dogs sniffed the air and followed him towards the living room. "I read this thing before, you know, introducing new babies to pets."

"What did it say?" Sari asked, blushing and smiling because Zayn took his time on research before anything else.

"It said to basically let them get used to the baby's scent. So, Baby Bear is gonna be all over this house, whether they like it or not. When she eats, they eat, if I take them on a walk, she goes with me, it's basic stuff."

"You're adorable," she stated, taking Nylah out of the seat and holding her carefully, "wanna see the nursery, Nylah?" the baby gurgled and Sari just grinned, "this is the living room. Nice decorations, right? That's because of your grandma."

Zayn led the way as Sari talked to their newborn, little coos and whines took place but Nylah was very alert. Her eyes were open, blinking slowly at her surroundings and trying to focus on Sari.

"This is mommy and daddy's bedroom," she gestured once inside.

"And when you grow up and hear loud noises, jsut know, daddy's not trying to hurt anyone," Zayn announced, a sly smirk on his face.

"Zayn," Sari slapped his shoulder and moved along to the baby's room, "we have to get one of those swing things for our room. You, know, when she can stay with us."

"Okay."

"This," Sari opened her door and cut the light on, "is your room, Nylah. It's so pretty, right?" and it really was, there were a lot of cute blues and purples in the room, a few things Zayn drew on the wall and a really cute crib Sari picked out. Her room was perfect, and it was something she could definitely grown into.

"Let's show you momma's favorite room, the kitchen," at that, Nylah smacked her lips and did that cute ass baby smile, "right? I'm hungry, too."

SHMONEY

two chapterssss left

also I'm gonna show y'all little bear in the next one. BRUH she literally looks like their child it's crazy

love some of y'all! smooches😘😘