Chapter 27

Angie Baby-Helen Reddy

-if you slide the top thingy over, there's an image of a girl, that's what I imagine Bethany looking like.

Jake was distant, but that was okay because I am too. Jake has a cut lip, and a bruised nose, I want to heal his cuts like he healed mine, too bad I have no idea whatsoever how to do that.I haven't talked to Brandon or Jake in the last week.

Except when Brandon tried coming up to me, it was during lunch, he walked up to my and grabbed my hand, I looked up at him, his lips was swollen and cut, and his right eye lid was puffed, he said (and I quote) "Bethany, I'm so sorry, I never should have fought Jake, I knew he was your friend, I just got angry, and kind of...well jealous. That's not an excuse, it's just my reason. Please forgive me, I miss you" he said that two days ago.

It's not that I'm mad, because I'm not, I'm just guilty. I did something so much worse than he did and yet he's apologizing. I feel like I kind of needed a reason to be mad at him, so that I could feel better about what I did, but It didn't make me feel better, it made me feel worse.

I pulled my hand gently away and said "I'll talk to you later" before walking off. But today, I decided he didn't deserve to be treated like this. Plus prom is in a week, I didn't want to totally bail on him, I told him I'd go, so I'm going.

I see Jake in the hall, making out with Cassandra, ignore them. I tell myself and keep walking. There, I see him, he's talking to a group of people. I zone in on him to listen to his mind.

Keep acting cool. Keep talking, smiling, and making jokes...why do they have to be so annoying?

I furrow my eyebrows as I look at Brandon laughing, he was a really good actor apparently. But why would he need to act? He hangs out with people he thinks is annoying just to be popular? How pathetic.

I lose a little bit of my respect for him. Taking a deep breath, I square my shoulders back and walk forward confidently. "Hey Brandon, can I talk to you for a sec?" I ask. The whole group watches me

That's the (not so nice word) that flirted with that other guy and broke up with Brandy after he beat up the guy. Slut.

An annoyed looking red head thinks as she stares at me with anger. I just notice that her hand is on his arm. Brandon's face lights up "yeah, of course" he says smiling down at me "see you guys later" he tells his group as he lets me pull him along to a area is the halls where nobody is. "Brandon, I overreacted. Jake was pushing your buttons, and he started it. Still wanna date me?" I ask. He doesn't even hesitate "of course I do babe" he says bending down and giving me a hungry kiss. People around us whistle "get a room" I hear along with "get it Brandon!" And things similar to that.

Dumb little slut.

Geez horny little teens

They're so adorable together.

Getting the hottie with a body! Nice Brandon

Stupid girl can't even make up her mind. She doesn't deserve Brandy.

Why would he like a nobody like her?

I try my best to ignore these thoughts that the people are thinking though I'm having a hard time.

Brandon pulls away and I smile up at him. The bell rings and we leave for class "didn't that hurt your lip?" I ask referring to the fact that his lip is cut and bruised. "I don't mind it" he says kissing my hand. I lean my head onto his shoulder.