Chapter 14 - HAIR

Jake was being allowed daily showers which he was thankful for. He was allowed to brush his teeth which he was also thankful for. He was allowed to use an electric razor to cut his facial hair, so he was not able to achieve a close shave. He always had some stubble. Chloe told him she liked it, it suited him.

There was the issue of keeping the hair on his head under control. When he was free he always kept it very short. He'd had a skinhead a couple of times but thought it was a bit too severe. So he started having a high and tight haircut which he liked a lot more. But now he could not visit a barber and could not cut his own hair.

His hair had begun to get long and unruly and he did not like it. He liked his hair short and tidy, not long and wild He needed a haircut and brought the subject up to Sir. The solution was simple, they would buy hair clippers and his hair would be shaved down to a number 1 every couple of weeks. Who would do it for him? That was the next thing to work out between them

''Let him do it himself'' scoffed. Alex. Danny agreed.

''It will be hard for him to do the back for himself'' pointed out Chloe

''Tough shit!'' was Danny's response to that

''Well I'm not cutting his hair for him'' Lorraine stated ''The less I have to do with him the better. I can't stand the sight of him''

''I ain't doing it either'' said, Danny

''And you can guess that I won't do it for him either'' said Alex ''Wouldn't wanna catch something now would I!''

''Well I really have better things to do than worry about the boy's hair'' Sir said with irritation

''Oh for god's sake, I'll cut his hair for him alright!'' Chloe said, finding the way the others were carrying on a bit pathetic.

''You're a good girl'' Sir replied

''It's hardly a big deal it's just a haircut'' Chloe said ''it's easy enough to do a number 1''

Jake was happy to have Chloe doing his hair. He liked spending time with her, she was the only one who was kind to him. They would talk while she did it. They often talked and got on well together, almost like friends. such a shame about the circumstances that brought them together.

Chloe would take the time to make sure it was evenly cut all over. A nice, clean, simple number 1 haircut. After each haircut, Jake would thank Chloe for doing it and she would always smile and say it was ''no bother at all, it was my pleasure''

''Having a number 1 suits you'' she'd also say ''makes you look so handsome and sexy''

Was she flirting or what? Jake wasn't sure but he had to admit that he enjoyed the compliments. But then, who wouldn't?