d. two

It was a matter of minutes.

She was quite certain.

She had an invisibilty spell on her, and she sat peacefully on an invisible pillow, by her invisible cat.

Meeko apparently knew how to make the Whomping Willow stop from going berserk,  and she was getting impatient, as the sound of steps and familiar yells grew nearer.

Sirius Black entered the room, quickly scanning it, before placing Ron Weasley on the bed, his leg sticking out unnaturally, taking his wand, that was in a much better condition that Sirius' wand, that was looking worse than before. Sirius tried to use Lumos with his old wand, but grimaced as the wand blew its  final spark.

"Well, that's good as this pillow," he sighed at a torn up pillow that was laying on the floor. Ron made an attempt to move, making Sirius turn to him. "Don't move, you'll hurt you leg further."

The sound of steps outside made Sirius move back, pressing his back against the wall behind the door, Harry and Hermione dashed across to Ron.

"Ron -- are you okay?"

"Where's the dog?"

"Not a dog," Ron moaned. His teeth were gritted with pain. "Harry, it's a trap --"

"What --"

"He's the dog...he's an Animagus."

Ron was staring over Harry's shoulder. Harry wheeled around. With a snap, the man in the shadows closed the door behind them.

"Expelliarmus!" he croaked, pointing Ron's wand at them.

Harry's and Hermione's wands shot out of their hands, high in the air, and Sirius caught them. Then he took a step closer. His eyes were fixed on Harry, and Sawyer knew he was seeing his father, rather than Harry himself.

"I thought you'd come and help your friend," he said hoarsely. His voice sounded as though he had long since lost the habit of using it. "Your father would have done the same for me. Brave of you not to run for a teacher. I'm grateful...it will make everything much easier...."

Without knowing what he was doing, his face confroted in fury, Harry started forward, but there was a sudden movement on either side of him and two pairs of hands grabbed him and held him back...

"No, Harry!" Hermione gasped in a petrified whisper; Ron, however, spoke to Sirius.

"If you want to kill Harry, you'll have to kill us too!" he said fiercely, though the effort of standing upright was draining him of still more color, and he swayed slightly as he spoke.

Something flickered in her father's shadowed eyes. It was somewhere between guilt and hurt, somewhere between and anger and sadness. But it was soon gone.

"Lie down," he said quietly to Ron. "You will damage that leg even more."

"Did you hear me?" Ron said weakly, though he was clinging painfully to Harry to stay upright. "You'll have to kill all three of us!"

"There'll be only one murder here tonight," he said and his grin widened.

"Why's that?" Harry spat, trying to wrench himself free of Ron, and Hermione. "Didn't care last time, did you? Didn't mind slaughtering all those Muggles to get at Pettigrew...What's the matter, gone soft in Azkaban?"

"Harry!" Hermione whimpered. "Be quiet!"

"HE KILLED MY MUM AND DAD!" Harry roared, and with a huge effort he broke free of Hermione's and Ron's restraint and lunged forward --

Sawyer used a tripping spell, very useful, very easy, and even better as a silent spell, making Harry stumble, stopping him from hurting Sirius.

"I've waited far too long," Sirius croaked in his hoarse voice, staring at Ron, starting to make way, getting stopped by Hermione, who bravely kicked him where the sun doesn't shine.

Sawyer happily mused to herself that if he couldn't make any kids because of that, she still had his blood in her veins. At least the Black family's blood would live on.