THIRTY-ONE

I turned the facet on, letting the water warm up before plugging the drain so the tub would fill with only hot water. I searched through the closet in the bathroom, pulling out the bubble bath and drizzling the liquid in. I rolled up my sleeve and stuck my arm in the hot water mixing the bubbles in. I took my arm back out once the bubbles had formed and turned off the facet.

     I stripped my clothes off and tied my hair up before stepping into the steaming water. I sunk down into the water letting it flood up to my neck. The heat soaked up into my skin warming my body slightly. I stared out at the beautiful view as I relaxed into the water.

    It was nice and silent for a few minutes until the familiar melody of a song quietly filled my ears. Willow. Our song. I smiled as Jasper had read my emotions knowing I was happy and mentally thanked him even though he can't read my mind.

    I sat in the bathtub for another good 45 minutes before the water started to turn room temperature. Willow was still playing on repeat as I grabbed the towel off the rack and stood in the tub as the water drained around my ankles. I wrapped the towel around my body, stepping out onto the cold tile floor. The tiny amount of heat that was trapped in my skin immediately left.

    I slightly shivered before making my way over to the closet. I entered the walk in closet looking through my clothes. I decided on a grey t- shirt, some black leggings, and a blue acid wash flannel. I took my bun out, letting my hair fall down over my shoulders and exited the closet.

    When I walked back into the bedroom, Jasper was sitting on the couch staring out the window. He turned around, sensing my presence. "You finished, love?" He asked. "Yes. Did you pick out a movie?" I asked softly walking over to the brown couch to find Jasper had brought up a television.

     "Yes, Perks of Being a Wallflower," He held up the DVD case with a small smile turning up on his lips. "My favorite," I smiled sitting down next to him and snuggling into his side.